Contact wearers' what's your secrets

Bushfire

Lil-Rokslider
How and what do you guys pack for contacts?
Case, solution, a small type of mirror?

Should I go with daily's and just start fresh every morning?

Any I'm sure I should take glasses, how do you pack them?

Thanks

I leave the glasses/solution in the truck and bring 1 or 2 fresh unopened lenses + the pair I'm wearing. I usually keep them in a week or so before cleaning anyways, so its pretty low maintenance unless one falls out.

fmyth

WKR
Daily wear contacts, small bottle of solution, individual alcohol wipe packets(usually used for injections) to clean my finger before I pick up the contact and put it on my eye ball. Make sure to wait 30 sec for the alcohol to evaporate before you pick up the new contact. I keep 2 new contacts and a pair of glasses in my pack just in case I get hit in the eye with a branch etc.

Hoodie

WKR
I just wear glasses. I tried backpacking with contacts for about two days on a scouting trip and determined it wasn't worth the hassle for me.

I'm wearing sunglasses a lot of the time anyway, so it's easier to just not bother.

My prescription in my better eye isn't too bad though, so I can hike/shoot etc. without them in the event they fog up or something. I usually don't have too many problems though. They've saved my eyes from getting poked a few times.

Anozira

WKR
I wear dailys and pack a tiny plastic camp mirror in my “hygiene” pullout. The contacts are weightless and it’s worth bringing spares in case you drop, rip, or screw one up. I don’t bring solution just the contacts and small mirror. Never been an issue for me and I’d go contacts over foggy glasses any day personally.

Moserkr

WKR
I pack my glasses in a hard case, one extra pair of contacts (never had to use em), and a travel bottle of solution (case too obviously). Wash my hands off with water before touching my eyes or contacts. Glasses were a life saver last year when we got blasted by a wind storm and received a dirt bath. My contacts are monthly and i dont wear em at night ever. At home i clean em weekly with peroxide (red cap bottles), and replace every few months, especially before a hunting trip.

Regular lens case, small bottle of saline, spares (one pair in pack and a few more pair at camp). No mirror; just use my phone.

I take them out nightly.

Wash my hands with preferably soap and water but have had to use only hand sanitizer, butt wipes, and/or Lysol wipes to clean my hands before touching my eyes and ckntacts

BBob

WKR
Daily's, small mirror, Genteal Tears gel, small bottle of lubricant drops. I use the gel in the evening after I take them out and first thing in the morning before I put them in. That helps a lot to keep eyes hydrated along with lubricant through the day. If I use weekly's I add a case, small solution and a couple extra lenses. Always have backup glasses in a light case.

I bought a pack of tiny bottles on Amazon and keep solution in that. Use a regular contact case. Haven’t needed a mirror for contacts in years.

That said, by the second or third day, I’m usually just wearing glasses unless it is very humid and I have fogging issues. The reality for me is that with a minor astigmatism and the current contact technology, glasses give me slightly better vision. I’m correct to 20-20 with glasses but something like 20-25 with contacts.

505Wapiti

WKR
Daily wear contacts but I always pack a spare pare of glasses in a case. I’ve I lost a contact or scratched and eye or had some issue where I couldn’t stand a lense in my eye which has happened in the past, I would be screwed without my glasses. Very near sighted so without either I’m stumbling around and feel blind as a bat outside a few feet.

It's easy. Practice at home putting them in a few weeks without a mirror and you'll be able to do it in the woods no problem. I dont use a ton of solution while I'm out there but I find it helps to get the tips of my fingers clean with it.

I’m bad, I just leave em in a month at a time.
Used to be able to do this and then the weekend my daughter was born it was like a switch flipped. I think it was the dry hospital air or something. I had worn the same brand of sleep in contacts for ten years with no issues. After that, I could not even wear the super thin daily’s without being miserable. It took almost 18 months before I finally could wear them again. The eye doctor had no idea what was going on.

I was thinking I’d just wear my prescription glass out there to avoid the hassle of contacts, but I haven’t been wearing contacts very long either. Some will be more comfortable with them I suppose.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tsoenen

FNG
Tried contacts for two years and switched back to glasses. Mine would always dry out and get blurry at night. Planning on going with glasses this year. Might give contacts another shot if it does go well. I see it being a pain already.

As for packing back up glasses…hard side case?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lots of differant ideas. been wearing contacts for 28 years. i can install and remove with out a mirror. sounds like i just bring some spares and glasses for back up. I might look into getting daily wears for the trip though.