Comparable Jacket to Firstlite Uncompahgre? Daily Wear Jacket.

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
Hey all. I’ve used an Uncompahgre for everyday wear in the fall and winter. I like it because of its weight to warmth ratio and how quickly it wicks away water/sweat and dries. It’s about 4 years old now and officially worn out. I need a jacket that is similar, as currently the 2.0 version of Uncompahgre is sold out in my size and solid colors. Also, I wouldn’t mind trying something new.

What do you guys have in mind as a replacement? Budget is $350.

TSAMP

WKR
I was just thinking about how my #1 puffy seems to be a Eddie bauer cirrus. I swear it was 30 dollars on sale and just won't die. I wear it upland hunting late season and still no holes.

The kuiu element has got my attention as a high end everyday puffy but this EB has just hung in there so well I can't bring myself to pull the trigger.

It's plenty warm for average action around freezing with a base layer. If you're working hard around 32 degrees it might be to warm. Pit zips work well but they only go so far if you're really getting after it.
Thanks. How is the warmth? I’m not looking to step up anything much warmer as I have other pieces for that. I also don’t want to be cold in it working/hanging outside in the 40s F.

OP
mxgsfmdpx

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
Thanks! Just checked it out and watched some reviews. Looks like a step up from the Uncompahgre to be honest. Very interested in trying one to see if I need Large or XL. 6’1” and 215.
It's plenty warm for average action around freezing with a base layer. If you're working hard around 32 degrees it might be to warm. Pit zips work well but they only go so far if you're really getting after it.

Thanks! Just checked it out and watched some reviews. Looks like a step up from the Uncompahgre to be honest. Very interested in trying one to see if I need Large or XL. 6’1” and 215.
Depending on how you like it to fit. I'm 5'10 185 and large fits me well even if I put to much on under it. Large would likely be snug on you , XL if you prefer a looser fit.