Compact spotter with Mrad reticle

Brian.243

FNG
I have a question about spotting scopes. I am looking for a compact spotter that has a mrad reticle. I need a spotter for double duty. Hunting and for long range shooting as a few buddies and myself have been enjoying it for a few years now. I am looking at a leupold mk4 12-40x60. I was hoping to get your opinion on this spotter. I don't want a huge spotter that I carry on my back 4 or 5 miles when hunting. I was also wondering if you had any other suggestions that might fit the tasks. I am not opposed to buying 2 spotters one for hunting and one with the mrad for the range if I could get both for under my 2k total.
Also I prefer a straight spotter.
Thank you

The MK4 is probably your best option for what you want.
It is the only "non-swarovski" spotter I have in my inventory and it sees a lot of use.

I currently have two of the Gold ring 12-40x60 scopes one HD and one not. Excellent for backpacking, great size, weight and optics. I think the mark 4 would work great . That said I have no experience with the reticle and long range stuff.

4th_point

WKR
I had the Bushnell FLP for shooting, which worked fine even at extended ranges, but would not be my first choice for hunting due to optical quality (sample of one).

I have a soft spot for the Leupo FLP. Fairly compact and ER is great. I don't think they have the best resolution, but a used one at a fair price would still be useful. Some people complain about vibration while focusing, which can make best focus difficult but that has never bothered me.

That Horus is interesting for a 50mm.

I'm interested in the new GPO.

GPOTAC 45 15-45X

I do find myself wanting more than 40x or 45x quite often though.

4th_point

WKR
One thing that you should probably think about is whether you are OK with a scope that has a fixed power EP with reticle, or if you want a zoom with reticle.

OP
Brian.243

Brian.243

FNG
Thank you for your responses and alternative spotters to check out. I am goingbto stick with the mk4. Now to find one in stock from a reputable source.