Commercial Freezers

Mudslinger

Lil-Rokslider
I'm looking into getting rid of my standup freezer and would like to probably get a commercial reach in freezer. What does everyone recommend? So far I've looked at the arctic air and max cold.

def90

WKR
Be aware that a commercial unit will have compressors and fans that will be much louder than a regular residential unit. If it's going in a utility room, garage or basement it's probably not an issue, if it's going in your kitchen you might want to take that in to consideration.

hunterjmj

WKR
I wouldn't buy a commercial unless you wanted tons of space then I'd build a walk in. Some of the cheaper Arctic air freezers are basically glorified residential freezers. Residential freezers are cheap in comparison and you could replace 2-3 times. If you would need work done on a commercial you're talking labor + parts. Just my 2 cents.

MarlinMark

Lil-Rokslider
But if you have to replace a freezer 2 or 3 times then how much meat have you lost to freezer failures?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hunterjmj

WKR
But if you have to replace a freezer 2 or 3 times then how much meat have you lost to freezer failures?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My point wasn't really that they fail 2 or 3 times as much as a commercial unit but the cost and I'm not convinced they last longer. They all have electronics that fail on them as well as fans/ compressors so I just don't think you're getting something bullet proof by going the commercial route.