Come on Montana! WTH?

GSPHUNTER

WKR
Remember, Japan bombed parts of the west coast during WW2 using balloons. Unsuccessfully I might add.

Hard to shoot it down when it is in the stratosphere. Read they looked at shooting it down, and scrambled some jets. Potential collateral damage risk was too high. Every country flies these things. This one is just hanging around a little too long.

How do we know it is Chinese? I think we should be very careful making assumptions.

To that end, I wouldn’t put it past our own govt to say it’s a Chinese balloon to get the American public all worked up. I don’t trust a single thing “they” are telling us.

Will a 6.5 creedmoor shoot a 143 eldx to the stratosphere? Asking for a friend.

Last edited:

GSPHUNTER

WKR
How do we know it is Chinese? I think we should be very careful making assumptions.
Doesn't really mater who it belongs to, If it's not ours it's violating US air space. For now the decision has been made just to monitor it. If the US wanted to take it out that would not be a problem. the USN took out a dead satellite while still in space.

GSPHUNTER

WKR
I have more than once shot balloons using a .22. Hell even a pellet gun.
Right. But, how do we know that it isn’t our own balloon and they are just talking shit to get the American public worked up?
The people would get more worked up if it was a multi warhead ICBM. Balloons are kids stuff. Open it up so we can see what's in it. Didn't Pelosi say something like that one time.

Huntin Fool

Lil-Rokslider

To that end, I wouldn’t put it past our own govt to say it’s a Chinese balloon to get the American public all worked up. I don’t trust a single thing “they” are telling us.

Will a 6.5 creedmoor shoot a 143 eldx to the stratosphere? Asking for a friend.
A 223 with the proper night force scope should do the trick

GSPHUNTER

WKR
I heard it's full of Illegal aliens, and Brandon is thinking about future voters. That's why he doesn't want to shoot it down.

gabenzeke

WKR
I just can't for the life of me understand how I'm supposed to trust a government that is currently explicitly allowing a Chinese spying operation to just happen.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

GSPHUNTER

WKR
I just can't for the life of me understand how I'm supposed to trust a government that is currently explicitly allowing a Chinese spying operation to just happen.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk
I haven't trusted the govt. in many many years. That's only because they are not trust worthy.