Colt Light Rifle build

Remington92

Lil-Rokslider
My rifle is in line at Outkast arms to get the Melivn treatment. In the meantime I’ve got some decisions to make.

First is scope mounting, I mailed off my NXS 2.5-10x42 to be mounted with the scope so the bolt handle can be tweaked around the ocular if needed. The 3 off the shelf options for scope mounting are Talley lightweights, Talley pic rail and whatever rings, or Talley steel base and rings. The other option is have Outkast make some custom bases to whatever spec I want. Looking for the strongest, lowest, lightest and some room to move rings fore and aft. Would I be wrong In assuming a 2 piece weaver base would check the most boxes? I’m somewhat worried about Talley lightweight reliability. The pic rail would mount the scope pretty high I’d assume and Talley steel rings and bases are HEAVY.

Next is barrel length and thread pitch for a suppressor. Rifle is a 7mag and will retain oem barrel. Outkast thought longest would be 23.5 for 1/2x28 or probably at least cut to 20” for 5/8x24. Also trying to decide on direct thread or griffin taper mount. (Can is griffin explorr) Griffin taper mount ez brake is 1/2x28 30cal and all models are listed as 2oz. Direct thread is lighter but taper mount gives extra blast chamber in break to protect can. I’m leaving towards 22” 1/2x28 with that griffin brake.

OP
R

Remington92

Lil-Rokslider
I just realized I posted this in optics instead of firearms. If Mods want to move it I apologize. Thanks!

SDHNTR

WKR
The Talley pic rail is fine. Area 419 and Ken Farrel both make light and low pic rings that are excellent . The only Talley steel rings I like are the detachable ones. Either the lever lock or the screw lock. Both are very strong. And have separate screws to attach to the tube and to the base. Pass on the standard steel rings because they pinch scope tubes. Pass on the Lightweights too, unless you are willing to lap them and realize their limitations.

JCMCUBIC

WKR
For a base, if they would do it, I'd prefer a set made like the Burris Xtreme Tactical 2 piece base. They are much lower than a rail, which the CLR/ULA/Forbes stock is tough to get a cheek weld with, and still allow the flexibility of pic rings.

OP
R

Remington92

Lil-Rokslider
Time to select rings. What would be the lightest most reliable 30mm weaver rings to select for this rifle?