Colorado OTC Unit XX

vectordawg

Lil-Rokslider
Hey guys, I'm hoping someone will PM me with some info on a unit near Montrose. I intentionally didn't put a unit number in here so it won't show up on a google search but it's a very popular unit. I've been in this unit 4 times and have had some success but it's a huge unit and I've only explored a small portion of it. I'm hoping maybe a local can tell me a few things about a specific section I've e-scouted. Things like the type of vegetation, whether or not the creeks usually have water, and what the ATV/motorcycle traffic is like. We'll be there the week of ML.

Any help is appreciated and I'll share all the info I have on it, including my Onx tracks.
Thanks!

Can you at least list a drainage, mountain or mile marker or something? I don't get the secrecy. Im sure i could go to OnX or Go Hunt and find it pretty quick 🙃

Last edited:
As a Southwest CO guy, I really appreciate your approach. I don’t have a lot of info on that unit though… I live in Durango.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

svivian

WKR
Feel free to PM me. Im guessing since you listed Montrose thats the side of the unit you plan to access on the Divide RD?

I dont mind answering questions like road conditions, vegetation and water since those are things that sometimes you just cant research.

3forks

WKR
This discussion is turning out differently than I thought it would…

I can’t provide any assistance for the OP, and am disappointed that I don’t get chance to chime in with some sarcastic comment since the OP was considerate in what he’s asking for and how he’s asking.

OP, I have a question for you…

I see you’re located in MS, but you‘ve used “Hi guys” instead of “y’all”.

If you were thoughtful enough to leave out the unit number, did you also specifically choose not to use the word “y’all” because you know so many western guys on this forum have pointed out we usually know what’s coming next after someone starts off a post by saying “Hey y’all!”?

I’m kidding, but thank you for asking for info the way you did and I hope you have a lot of success!

OP
vectordawg

vectordawg

Lil-Rokslider
This discussion is turning out differently than I thought it would…

I can’t provide any assistance for the OP, and am disappointed that I don’t get chance to chime in with some sarcastic comment since the OP was considerate in what he’s asking for and how he’s asking.

OP, I have a question for you…

I see you’re located in MS, but you‘ve used “Hi guys” instead of “y’all”.

If you were thoughtful enough to leave out the unit number, did you also specifically choose not to use the word “y’all” because you know so many western guys on this forum have pointed out we usually know what’s coming next after someone starts off a post by saying “Hey y’all!”?

I’m kidding, but thank you for asking for info the way you did and I hope you have a lot of success!
I don’t know what you western guys usually hear after “hey y’all” but down south it’s, “watch this”! Lol

CoHiCntry

WKR
You can shoot me a PM too if you don't get what you're looking for from the other guy's. Pretty sure I know which unit you're referring to. I know portions of it, might be able to help with general questions.