Colorado NR Cow tag prices

Anyone else notice that the Big Game hunt planner has NR Cow prices the same as either sex or Bull this year. Is that for sure accurate or a misprint? Just curious.

I haven’t bought a tag for a while as I have had Youth hunters but thought it was interesting.

Best & easiest way to find out is by calling…

Maybe other prices are going up too and that is first wave, but hopefully you are correct and it’s typo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Overdrive

WKR
Looks like it is 2023 pricing to me, prices went up for Residents and Non Residents. Hunting regs will be released any day now to confirm the price changes.

Lytro

WKR
It looks like new pricing. The price for antlerless deer and doe antelope are the same as well.

sacklunch

WKR
Hopefully starting to make some changes to slow the cow killing down a notch or three.
There are better/easier ways to reduce the number of cows that are killed. Decreasing the tag allotment comes to mind.

Does anyone know off hand if all license proceeds are directed to conservation efforts, and can that be classified as operating budget for CPW or is the operating budget strictly allocated by tye legislature and tag fees go elsewhere?

bluumoon

WKR
There are better/easier ways to reduce the number of cows that are killed. Decreasing the tag allotment comes to mind.

Does anyone know off hand if all license proceeds are directed to conservation efforts, and can that be classified as operating budget for CPW or is the operating budget strictly allocated by tye legislature and tag fees go elsewhere?
If your intention was to retain tags/increase opportunity for Residents by making them less appealing to NR, then it kind of makes sense.

sacklunch

WKR
If your intention was to retain tags/increase opportunity for Residents by making them less appealing to NR, then it kind of makes sense.
You think CPW really cares if residents hunt or not? They're a drop in the bucket for profits, NRs are paying >1000% more per tag, even before the increase. CPW cares about profits, not people, and arguably, not their elk herds, as evidenced by the refusal to drop OTC, it's a cash cow.

Aviator

WKR
You think CPW really cares if residents hunt or not? They're a drop in the bucket for profits, NRs are paying >1000% more per tag, even before the increase. CPW cares about profits, not people, and arguably, not their elk herds, as evidenced by the refusal to drop OTC, it's a cash cow.
Spot on!

bluumoon

WKR
I’d think lip service more than an actual push to increase resident tags, if that were even the motive. Maybe a couple NRs don’t buy tags that residents can pick up and the increase in price keeps the same $ in CPW coffers. Only options I see CPW proposing keep their revenue more or less neutral.

BH2010

FNG
Wow. I was going to try to pick up a cow tag this year and try elk for the first time in Colorado. $760 isn't nearly as attractive as $520, and I even thought that was kind of steep. I might look elsewhere now.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

Phaseolus

WKR

All fees generated by hunting or fishing go to the Wildlife side of Colorado Parks and Wildlife. CPW is a enterprise operation that it not funded by state taxes. Wildlife funds are not shared with Parks. The budget is not controlled by legislature