Colorado "Newbie"

joelski

FNG
Hey y'all, new to Rokslide and a "newbie" hunter from Colorado. I grew up elk hunting with my father in CO but we never had success (never did much aside from going out for a weekend and hoping we saw something, so the lack of success is not surprising). Have gotten back into hunting the last couple years as an adult and loving it, trying to just be a sponge and learn as much as I can. Got my first pronghorn earlier this fall and hoping to fill a buck or bull tag here in 3rd season coming up.

Probably thousands of posts out there asking this, but what late season muley tips do y'all have for a FNG trying to get his first buck? Happy to be here and excited to keep learning!

Hondo0925

Lil-Rokslider
Glass lots of country.
If nothing move on. Once you find deer just be patient and I’m sure you’ll find something worth going after. Good luck this season!!

OP
J

joelski

FNG
Glass lots of country.
If nothing move on. Once you find deer just be patient and I’m sure you’ll find something worth going after. Good luck this season!!
Thanks for the tip! Got a tripod recently and was scouting last weekend - spotted way more animals with the stability than I ever did previously so ready to settle in and glass all day.

Hondo0925

Lil-Rokslider
The gohunt guys just released a pod cast on late season mule deer hunting. Check it out, it’ll probably be pretty helpful.

eddielasvegas

WKR & Chairman of the Rokslide Welcoming Committee
Classified Approved
As the self-appointed chairman of the welcoming committee, it is my privilege to extend a laurel, and hearty handshake (virtual, of course) to our new member.

Eddie