Colorado flat tops 3rd season?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve been digging through posts but most for the flat tops seem to be about elk.

We’re headed out for mule deer and have gotten a wall tent. Plan is to setup fairly near a road Incase we need to change tactics and can quickly drive to another part of the unit. Otherwise, we’ll just hike back in each day and cover as much as we can. We’ve hunted Co one other time but not this area and it was for archery so different beast.

Not looking for your honey hole(notice I haven’t even mentioned a specific unit). Just wondering what deer numbers vs hunter numbers are like, Deer size, weather, elevation ideas for that season and area of Co, etc. we’ve got a few areas picked out we kinda like but obviously still digging into maps and finalizing. If I’ve learned anything, whatever Co looks like from the air is a different beast from boots on the ground, so any input helps us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was in there two years ago for second season elk hunting, lots of snow that year and didn't see a single deer in the higher elevations. Take that for whatever it's worth.

OP
T
I was in there two years ago for second season elk hunting, lots of snow that year and didn't see a single deer in the higher elevations. Take that for whatever it's worth.

Thanks. Everything bit of info helps! We found a spot that makes it “easy” to get to either high or drop down into middle/low elevation without too much effort so we can play it by weather hopefully

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fmyth

WKR
Many of the deer and antelope in the NW corner of CO and SW corner of WY died during the winter of 2022. Call the biologist for your unit and ask.

Status
Not open for further replies.