Colorado .. a rainforest??

WTFJohn

WKR
Our weather station is showing 1.02" of rain since Sunday morning, and an overnight low of 37.1*. We'll see what September actually has in store regarding rainfall and temps, but I can tell you if I was in the mountains yesterday I would've wanted good rain gear and extra layers underneath.

Super 91

Lil-Rokslider
I have three sets of rain gear all by Kuiu. I have the NX which is ultra light and good for a passing shower or two. I keep this in my pack all the time for those pop up showers. Then I have the Katana Storm Shell and it is good for those mostly rainy days but not rain all day. It's pretty light and durable so I opt for this most of the time. I can move and walk well in this gear, and not get super wet or clammy from sweat. Then I have the Yukon which is very heavy and super tough. I feel like this is good gear when you plan to sit all day in some nasty stuff, but not be really mobile. It is so heavy if I walk just a little bit, I get more wet inside than I do outside. It super tough, so if you were in some rough stuff I'd say it is the most durable of the their lineup, but it will make you sweat if you get your body temp up at all.

Most days I use gear that is partially waterproof for the front of your legs and seat and it does a fine for those wet mornings with the ferns etc, and I also wear gaiters to keep the water from soaking into my socks and then into my boots.

Btaylor

WKR
If it continues like this, we will know what it's like hunting Rosies. I'm hoping it comes to a halt sooner than later and it gets torching!
I am going to root against you lol. I have had all the torching I want so far this year. I hope it stays wet and cool until I get there then turns dry and cool. ;)

Burnsie

Lil-Rokslider
Oh Boy - I remember 2013 for sure.
We were in SW Colorado - never seen so much rain. Got in our tent about sunset one evening and it didn't
quit full-on pouring until noon the next day. Throw in a few hail storms and some wicked lightening up at 10,000 and it made things pretty interesting.

Would frogtoggs be sufficient for rain gear? I can buy something else if needed but I already have those.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They keep the water off and are fairly light, but they dont breathe and are very fragile. I would use extra caution bushwacking in them.

Oh Boy - I remember 2013 for sure.
We were in SW Colorado - never seen so much rain. Got in our tent about sunset one evening and it didn't
quit full-on pouring until noon the next day. Throw in a few hail storms and some wicked lightening up at 10,000 and it made things pretty interesting.
Yeah it seemed like it rained all night every night. I just laid there praying it would stop by daybreak and it typically did. We had a 5 gallon catch pail at a corner of a tarp and every morning it was full and overflowing. Everything was wet. We stopped by the laundry in Leadville several times just to get our gear dry (nice thing about camping close to town) I think my brother had to divert his trip home due to all the flooding up North.

OP
treeratslayer24

treeratslayer24

Lil-Rokslider
Yeah it seemed like it rained all night every night. I just laid there praying it would stop by daybreak and it typically did. We had a 5 gallon catch pail at a corner of a tarp and every morning it was full and overflowing. Everything was wet. We stopped by the laundry in Leadville several times just to get our gear dry (nice thing about camping close to town) I think my brother had to divert his trip home due to all the flooding up North.

Ok. None of that this year please lol boy wouldn’t that be a fun welcome to my first backpack trip..