Colorado 57/58

I missed out on the Wyoming draw this year and I was considering buying a unit wide antelope LO tag for 57/58 in Colorado. Just wondering if the unit is worth it? I think I passed through there once a couple years ago but I don’t remember seeing any goats. I can find 0 info on the unit other than toprut and it takes 10 PP to draw. Any info would be much appreciated. Thanks.

OP
steveokanevo
Turned it down. I may not understand the Colorado system in reference to land owner tags. It seems like there is something else you need other than the voucher and the license. Maybe not, too many states too many rules. I really didn’t like busting into this forum and asking for info when I see it all the time here.

def90

WKR
Was it a land owner tag or a private land only tag? Big difference. A land owner tag can only go to a land owner in that unit, the land owner can then transfer it to someone else if they choose to do so. A private land only tag is just that, it allows anyone to buy the license to hunt on private land only.

OP
steveokanevo
Was it a land owner tag or a private land only tag? Big difference. A land owner tag can only go to a land owner in that unit, the land owner can then transfer it to someone else if they choose to do so. A private land only tag is just that, it allows anyone to buy the license to hunt on private land only.
It was a unit wide land owner tag. I was told you could hunt the public land as well as the landowners property. I believe the unit would've been good I really didn't have the time necessary for me to pull this all together.

gobblchsr

FNG
That's correct, in CO there are PLO tags, and they're good for any (but only) private land in the unit. A landowner can get a private land only voucher or a unit wide voucher, and can resell them. These vouchers are pretty much only giving the person redeeming it the right to buy the tag. It can be a huge difference for some hunts if it's unit wide or private land only, and another thing that goes with the vouchers is that the landowner must give you access to the property where the voucher was drawn for. Hope this helps!