Colorado 12 points

Neil

FNG
Are there any good units or outfitters that can get a guy on a 330 plus bull with 12 points?

Hnthrdr

WKR
Are there any good units or outfitters that can get a guy on a 330 plus bull with 12 points?
Res or non res? I know guys that kill 300+ inch elk in OTC and guys that strike out in 20 point units… no guarantees in hunting man… with 12 as a res you have a few options, no clue about NR

OP
Neil

Neil

FNG
Non resident just looking for options and a good outfitter for a great experience

Maybe something like a late GMU 20 hunt on private?

330” is a pretty big bull in Colorado without spending a lot of money.

OP
Neil

Neil

FNG
Maybe something like a late GMU 20 hunt on private?

330” is a pretty big bull in Colorado without spending a lot of money.
I’m willing to go guided and pay the average top rate.

Hnthrdr

WKR
Probably a private land hunt with a rifle is your best bet, if you have 25ish K burning a hole in your pocket go to the Hill Ranch on an early rifle hunt

Private ranch hunt is the way I’d go over outfitter on public. But obviously gonna cost ya.

But here’s the catch, Colorado has some private land tags that don’t take any or very minimal points.

So you are wasting your 12 points

It’s a Catch 22

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Neil

Neil

FNG
Thanks for the help😉
I have 12 points for elk, deer, antelope in Wyoming and Colorado.
15 points in Arizona for elk and deer
1-2 points In other states
I’m just trying to put a hunting strategy together for the next 10 years which is why I’m looking for other’s experiences instead of smart ass remarks if I wanted those I would’ve asked my wife for hunting advice. 👍🏻

Slugz

WKR
Thanks for the help😉
I have 12 points for elk, deer, antelope in Wyoming and Colorado.
15 points in Arizona for elk and deer
1-2 points In other states
I’m just trying to put a hunting strategy together for the next 10 years which is why I’m looking for other’s experiences instead of smart ass remarks if I wanted those I would’ve asked my wife for hunting advice. 👍🏻
Give Jay Scott a call ( Jayscottoutdoors)
Aught Six Ranch / Colorado

At the least he can give you good sound cousel.

OP
Neil

Neil

FNG
Thank you Slugz! I’m in a tossup between Shoshone and south fork outfitters right now for Wyoming elk which is my 2024 year hunt plan.
I don’t think I could go wrong with either but I’m looking for other’s experiences.

Use search function for them here and google (other forums).

I think someone used one of them and had some comments when I was looking for hunt areas near Cody

Wyoming appears to have a fast growing point creep.

You might keep chasing that mark there. (Kinda seems to be happening other places too).

If I were you, why don’t ya go scout a few areas ya are thinking about this summer / fall before burning a large chunk of points

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jmart5687

FNG
I’m willing to go guided and pay the average top rate.
I would hunt with Sangre De Cristo outfitters out of their Mountain Meadows camp. You will easily see multiple bulls in that class.
My second option would be with Whitaker Brothers outfitters, they also have some top notch hunts. The benefit to both of these outfits is that they have tags, so you wouldn’t burn your points.