Cold Plunges?

Deucebump

WKR
I started daily cold showers a little over a year ago. In December I bought chest freezer plunge and have been using it daily ever since. A few observations from my personal experiences…

1. My tap water is roughly 45-49 degrees, and plunge stays 39-41 degrees. The plunge is infinitely harder and I believe more effective than a cold shower on every level. (with times being relatively equal)

2. The biggest real world benefit I can say for sure is the mental discipline I have gained.

3. After several weeks of daily plunges I have noticed less body aches and workout recoveries are noticeably faster.

4. I have never experienced a “high” post cold exposure of any kind.

5. Its shocking to me how much the body can adapt in a short time. The first week I could not keep my hands in the water more than about 45 seconds straight, but forcing myself to keep them in longer each time, I can now keep them in for 4 mins non stop.

6. As a second shift worker that never gets more than 6.5hrs of sleep for most of my life, mornings have always been slow starting for me. Now I get in my plunge within 5-10 mins of getting out of bed and I am wide awake and ready to tackle the day right way.

7. Cold exposure is definitely not a miracle cure for anything, or weight loss tool. But I do feel better overall daily and believe it has great for me mentally as well.