CO third season advice?

Jvick23

FNG
Taking my dad and uncle on their first trip ever out west. We drew a unit 33 3rd season rifle tag. Will be staying in a cabin and day hunting as that will be best for them. I have go hunt and on x. Been e scouting for months and dropping pins on glassing points and points of access. Not asking for a handout, just a guy trying to learn as much about a area as I can before I get there. Any and all advice for the area is appreciated in order to give them the best experience I can give. Thanks

Wapiti1

WKR
All units hunt the same in 3rd and 4th season. Glass and find does. Mark the does on your map and keep checking on them every day. Split up to cover as much ground as you can.

Snow will play a role, but the does will have migrated down a long way by then so focus on them. Go on the Colorado Hunting Atlas site and look at the mule deer migration routes they show. Set up in those to start. If there are ag fields anywhere low, get just above those on public. The does will feed in the ag fields, then move up into the foothills or bluffs to bed. Any bucks will be there patrolling the does.

Jeremy