CO antelope

Well I burned my points this year and planned to hunt a friends property in 58 that supposedly had antelope there regularly. He said "bring a chair and make coffee and they'll cruise right by". After 2 days (Friday and Sat.) and lots of glassing a long ways off, I only saw 2 that were on another property 1/4 to 1/2 mile away. BTW, there's no water anywhere near that area so not sure why they'd come by regularly but didn't think it was gonna happen and I drove around near there (mostly all private) for several hours and glassed and didn't see anything anywhere for miles. So I went to some BLM W. of 11 mile reservoir. Granted not a big BLM property but spotted 2 separate bucks and 6 others in a group all which were on adjacent private. Wind howled all day Sunday so not fun and I had to come home for some paperwork. Since this unit takes 11 pts minimum this year, thought I'd see if anyone had any knowledge they'd be willing to share via PM or otherwise. I realize some will say I should have scouted but since my friend said there were lots around his property, I was focused on that alone. My Bad but I had a NM elk hunt that I spent most of my time on. I've not antelope hunted before and likely won't again since I kinda just wanted out of the points game. I realize that's just hunting as I've hunted long enough to know that it happens like that sometimes. I have a friend or 2 around Salida so thinking about that area I see there's much bigger BLM property over near there and just wondered if anyone has any suggestions or firsthand knowledge. Any help is appreciated!

Ucsdryder

WKR
Can’t imagine spending 11 points on a unit 1.5 from my house and not going for a scouting trip….

Antelope aren’t hard to find. Find public that has sage or grassy flats and go look. They are there somewhere….