Clothing for Early November Hunt in Southwest Montana

Looking for advice on clothing for a early November hunt in southwest Montana. I have some Kuiu gear thats more for early season. I am considering First Lite gear. They just put there whitetail line on sale for 20% off. Considering the solitude jacket and bibs that now is windproof.

hobbes

WKR
Plan for all possibilities. It may be 25 to 30 lows and 60 for highs, or it may be negative for lows and 10 or 15 for highs with 2 feet of snow.

November 7th last year, stayed pretty cold after that storm. Our 10 day forecast is still looking pretty warm. You may be hunting in shorts and a t-shirt this year

200499FE-AC4B-4200-915C-44577081A405.jpeg

A full layering system is important. If i walk 20 meters i will be sweating in a 150g long sleeved shirt when it's below freezing. Stop for 10 minutes and I need two more layers to keep warm. Too many variables in weather, exertion, and body type to pick one outfit. Get a whole layering system and be ready for anything.

I go with a single pant, with a possible wool layer beneath. For the upper body, I like a lightweight short and long sleeve wool shirt, a heavyweight long sleeve wool shirt, fleece hoody, and puffy jacket. That seems to cover about any scenario for me, and the weight in the pack is pretty minimal.

As for brands, I mostly wear First Lite. Great for tall people like me. I also love Stone Glacier, which can fit tall folks well, and is local to Montana. All of the major brands seem to be good quality, so you have a lot of good choices.