Christensen FFL Ridgeline 300wsm reviews?

Teetoa

FNG
Always wanted a 300wsm and have been looking at the FFL ridgelines. What are your thoughts on the 20” barrels and any reviews on the gun will be greatly appreciated! Ty

warrbuk

WKR
Tagged in, I thought that rifle would make a great lightweight setup for a Mtn. Goat hunt I have been trying to draw on Kodiak. Not a lot of factory ammo available for the 300 WSM at the moment.

chizelhead

Lil-Rokslider
I have one that I purchased this fall. Prior to that I had been hunting with a 300 WSM Kimber. I couldn't bring myself to mod it, so I was interested in the CA Ridgeline FFT for many reasons that the Kimber wasn't delivering on. The barrel on the CA without the muzzlebrake is actually 18.5". I wanted a short, carbon barrel to run suppressed. I'm interested in preserving my hearing and wanted to balance sound suppression, barrel length, action length, weight (7.5 lbs w/suppressor, but can lighten it with a different scope), and energy on target at distances I was interested in hunting. I also wanted it to be an all arounder. I primarily hunt elk and deer, goat (more please) and hopefully other species. I'm not a rifle expert, but the 300 WSM pretty much ticked every box for me. The only one is factory ammo. It's hard to know how available the ammo makers will make the cartridge especially with all the new popular cartridges. I have a good inventory, but I'm considering handloading or having custom ammo made. If I was to start my search today, I would likely look harder at the 7 PRC. I was considering the 6.5 PRC, but I wanted a bit more power with the shorter barrel. This is just my opinion, because there are a ton of threads on here that show a lot of elk killed at distance w/the 6.5 PRC. I'm still breaking it in, but it's shooting really well so far. Recoil is very light w/the brake, and I expect it to be with the suppressor as well when I get it. I'm happy with my decision (for now) and look forward to using it.

Last edited:

nate907

FNG
I built a 300wsm with a 19" barrel and love it. Reloading heavier/longer bullets and running it in a long action will allow you to get the most out of it. Most factory offerings are in the 180gr class and the the 7PRC is tough to beat in this category. Consistently finding factory ammo for either isnt going to be easy at the moment.

madcalfe

WKR
i have a custom 5lb 300wsm with a 20" proof barrel. pretty much the perfect lightweight do it all gun. I'm running handloaded 178gr eldx doing 2925fps so your good out to 650yards for elk sized game. if i were to build another in a short action, short barrel i would probably go to a 7SS. but i do love the .300wsm. no comment on Christensen but a 20" 300wsm is perfect

Latest posts

Featured Video

Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
0utle