Christensen arms vs browning?

Looking at putting together a long range hunting setup. My current browning x bolt is very lightweight and great to 500 yards. Looking to push it further

Looking at Christensen arms Mesa long range which is about $1300. Also looking at the browning long range max which is about $1100.

Any experience or opinions on the two?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Evergreen

WKR
I have the browning long range in 6.5prc and it's a shooter. I did swap out the trigger to a Timney though! If I had it to do over again I would probably go with the McMillan stock or get the long range Max just to have more of a custom stock.

OP
T
I have the browning long range in 6.5prc and it's a shooter. I did swap out the trigger to a Timney though! If I had it to do over again I would probably go with the McMillan stock or get the long range Max just to have more of a custom stock.

The browning x bolt triggers do leave something to be desired

Jmort1754

WKR
I have a Mesa not the long range version if I do my part it shoots factory 212 eld x sub Moa

PONYBOY

Lil-Rokslider
I have an XBolt Pro in 6.5 Creedmoor and really like it. Shoots .5 to .75 all day long with factory Precision Hunter.

NorthCountryAB

Lil-Rokslider
I have the standard Mesa in 6.5CM. Shoots great. Here is a group at 200yds with factory Hornady Outfitter 120gr GMX.
9hClPAB.jpg

MTRaine

Lil-Rokslider
I know this isn’t the exact rifle you asked about but the hells canyon speed are impressive. My friend has one and it shoots lights out. 7mm Rem Mag. 1/2 MOA with cheap ammo. Can’t wait to see what good ammo does! I’d be comfortable with the x bolt for long range.

manitou1

WKR
Whoever started the rumor about bad triggers on X-bolts? I have had four and none had bad triggers. I did install Mcarbo springs on two, which did lighten them up to less than 2.5 lbs. Even at 3+ lbs, I wouldn't call the X-bolt tigger awful, or even sub-par.

OP
T
Whoever started the rumor about bad triggers on X-bolts? I have had four and none had bad triggers. I did install Mcarbo springs on two, which did lighten them up to less than 2.5 lbs. Even at 3+ lbs, I wouldn't call the X-bolt tigger awful, or even sub-par.

Not awful but my his heavy, maybe I need to look into different springs.

The trigger itself is good, no felt creep and breaks clean, just a bit heavy in my x bolt western hunter rifle

I dont think you can go wrong with the Hells Canyon series. Ive worked a load up for both a 28 nosler and 6.5 creedmoor in them. Both were excellent shooters. The creedmoor ended up liking the 143 precision hunter alot. Easier to buy ammo than load for that one.