Christensen Arms Ridgeline - Talley scope mount

Howdy all, thought I'd join up & post to help someone's decision making easier.
Just got a CA Ridgeline & a Leupold VX-5HD 3-15 x 56. The main purpose is hunting. I did lots of research to find the best system to mount it & it was a daunting task to say the least. My main objectives were:
1. Mount as low as possible because I didn't want to have to add a cheek pad.
2. Mount high enough to have adequate clearance for the large objective
3. Mount far enough back to have the correct eye relief, especially with the long taper of the front bell.
4. I didn't want a pic rail that would reduce the clear area for loading the internal magazine. (if you have to reload quickly in the field).

I went with the Talley "Extended" high one piece (model 75X700) & couldn't be happier. The guy at Talley said these are specifically made to help with the eye relief issue. You may have to order the extended version directly from them as they aren't offered everywhere.

I absolutely LOVE this scope also.

Attachments

• 2.png
    2.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 138
  • 1.png
    1.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 121
Nice didn't know they made these. I have set of Tally's on my HC Speed, they are awesome. I could use a bit more room to move my scope back.

Howdy all, thought I'd join up & post to help someone's decision making easier.
Just got a CA Ridgeline & a Leupold VX-5HD 3-15 x 56. The main purpose is hunting. I did lots of research to find the best system to mount it & it was a daunting task to say the least. My main objectives were:
1. Mount as low as possible because I didn't want to have to add a cheek pad.
2. Mount high enough to have adequate clearance for the large objective
3. Mount far enough back to have the correct eye relief, especially with the long taper of the front bell.
4. I didn't want a pic rail that would reduce the clear area for loading the internal magazine. (if you have to reload quickly in the field).

I went with the Talley "Extended" high one piece (model 75X700) & couldn't be happier. The guy at Talley said these are specifically made to help with the eye relief issue. You may have to order the extended version directly from them as they aren't offered everywhere.

I absolutely LOVE this scope also.

Thanks for sharing what worked for you. That was helpful, it starts to feel like you're spinning in circles trying to figure out what will work.