Christensen Arms Ridgeline (minute of dime with hammers!)

CTXhunter

Lil-Rokslider
Hello all,
I figured this was worth a “pat on the back” for Christensen. I am by no means claiming this as a long term or complete review, just sharing my experiences with my gun. I was very hesitant to spend so much (to me) on a rifle like this but I bought a 6.5CM ridgeline a couple months back and had heard some good and some bad. For me, this gun was a pretty big financial decision so I was very nervous about getting a “lemon”. I chose the 6.5CM because I’m almost exclusively a deer hunter, I have the components to load it, and I have some young kids that will hopefully soon be interested in shooting and the mild cartridge paired with suppressors will make a great gun for them to learn on. Anyhow, I chose to go with the hammer hunter 124g based on their recommend for my rifle. The only powder I currently have is IMR 4064. The guys at hammer advised a load range and I started loading. I highly recommend calling and chatting with them before you work up a load. I’m not the best loader in the world but I give it my best meticulous shot. I loaded up a ladder from something like 36gr to 40gr and seated them deep just to the book specs. (Mistake #1) shot the loads and the best was right around a minute and the worst being close to 2”. They didn’t seem to have any pattern and were kind of all over the place. Well I did some research and ended up deciding that all I could do was mess with seating depths so I did that. I seated them a bit longer and then got some groups right around that 1” mark. I basically settled there, but on the next batch, I loaded them a little longer and gave it a shot today and I’m happy to report that I put the best group on paper that I ever have. 5 rounds fit well under a dime with room to spare. I’m super happy with how the rifle and load turned out. Can’t wait to try these hammer Bullets on game this fall. Something so satisfying about finding a good load for a rifle. I consider the money I spent on the Christensen money well spent! Good luck loading and happy hunting!
Rifle specs:
Leupold MK5HD 3.6-18x44
Warne mountain tech rings
Leupold backcountry base
Harris 6-9” bipod
Silencerco Specwar 762

(yes the gun is heavy at about 10.5lbs or so)
FDB717D7-4338-43C6-A893-E8DCBC3F295E.jpeg9D0DB74F-BC07-44CB-9F1F-3C05C9BC3977.jpeg748080D2-2D43-4D6C-8378-B0CCB8E400AB.jpeg

JakeSCH

WKR
While I know hammer are top notch h, I’m curious why you say they are made for eachother? I have a picky CA ridgeline 308

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just because I have two mesa's that shoot hammers into clover leafs. Though they shoot several bullets well.

Also, hammers have been known to shoot well in picky rifles. If you reload I would grab a sample pack of their 152 HH's and give it a try.

DJL2

Lil-Rokslider
Awesome stuff, glad to see your success. Make sure you post up after your hunt(s)! Good luck!

Jraub

FNG
wait...wait....can't be. the Christensen owners fb members would have you believe the rifles are all garbage. that said the groups from my 28 N look quite similar to the ones posted

FLman

FNG
That’s awesome! I’d like to have two one in 300wm and another in 6.5creedmoor.

Nealm66

Lil-Rokslider
You can tune the hammers with the powder charge as well if you want to keep a coal. In my case it was to keep a crimp in between the bands. I just went up( or down) .01 gr and didn’t take very many. I have 2 rifles and soon to be 3 that shoot the hammers like that. Will be interesting to see performance on game. Supposed to be very good and I suspect they will

wyojdubya

Lil-Rokslider
I've had nothing but great experiences with Hammer Hunters, particularly with picky rifles.

Wetwork

Lil-Rokslider
Great write up...my GF's CA Mesa is giving me fits. Best I can do for her is Hornady's stuff. I Love Barnes but her Creed hates them. I've gotten the Barnes to do magic in my rigs. Looks like I'm going to have to talk her into pony'in up for some Hammers. Thanks for the info. It's post's like this that are actually helpful to folks out there. Thank you.-WW