Christensen Arms Ridgeline DBM

Has anybody converted their Ridgeline to a drop box magazine using the Christensen Arms drop box magazine bottom metal? Did it require gun smithing or did it drop in?

COelk89

FNG
I just put the kit on my Mesa FFT. I was about to post a question about it. I have a 5 round PMAG and the magazine rattles a lot which seems problematic. I don't recall this being an issue in AR's so I was going to see if others had a similar issue.

Bearman64

FNG
I just put the kit on my Mesa FFT. I was about to post a question about it. I have a 5 round PMAG and the magazine rattles a lot which seems problematic. I don't recall this being an issue in AR's so I was going to see if others had a similar issue.
I installed an HS Precision DM bottom metal onto my Ridgeline TI. Its chambered in 300 PRC, and being such a long cartridge, I found it difficult to load through the top of the action. Feeds like butter and quiet.

I installed an HS Precision DM bottom metal onto my Ridgeline TI. Its chambered in 300 PRC, and being such a long cartridge, I found it difficult to load through the top of the action. Feeds like butter and quiet.
Sorry to bump an old thread - did you have to do any inleting of the stock?

Bearman64

FNG
Sorry to bump an old thread - did you have to do any inleting of the stock?
Yes. I had to do a lot digriding and hand filing. I’ve since scrapp the HS bottom metal, in favor of a Hawkins Hunter DM, which required more filling. I then had to bed it to get it group better. Ended up dropping the weight down to 7 1/2 lbs. with the scope. Supper nice set up.

I just bought the Ridgeline scout for the 16”in barrel in 308. I wish I would have done something different now—-I am not a fan of dbm’s. If somebody wants to trade out a floor plate, mag box and follower for the AICS setup, I will pay the shipping. May trade stocks, as well. This one has the desert tan with black web and a pic rail on the forend! Look it up!

Yes. I had to do a lot digriding and hand filing. I’ve since scrapp the HS bottom metal, in favor of a Hawkins Hunter DM, which required more filling. I then had to bed it to get it group better. Ended up dropping the weight down to 7 1/2 lbs. with the scope. Supper nice set up.

Thanks for the write up! Might just stick with the factory set up after reading that…

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk