Christensen Arms AR10 experience?

Considering picking one of these up. looking for reviews or input. Wanting a lightweight 308 for alaskan moose hunting. For those of you who have one, what are your thoughts?

I do not have a Christensen Arms AR-10, but I have two thoughts:

1 - CA has an atrocious track record for quality control. They put out far more rifles that don't shoot than anyone else. They seem to have OK customer service, but I would never buy one just based on those odds.

2 - AR-10's can be finnicky, so you'd want one from a good company putting out quality rifles (see #1). I bought one from Savage to use as a hunting rig, but it jams and wouldn't shoot for me (even after fiddling forever with the gas adjustment). They're also not very light.

I thought the rifle would be a good choice for my sons as they are adjustable, but it just didn't work out in the end.

That said - I've got an AR-10 in 6.5CM I'd sell you!:ROFLMAO:

OP
PredatorSlayer
I do not have a Christensen Arms AR-10, but I have two thoughts:

1 - CA has an atrocious track record for quality control. They put out far more rifles that don't shoot than anyone else. They seem to have OK customer service, but I would never buy one just based on those odds.

2 - AR-10's can be finnicky, so you'd want one from a good company putting out quality rifles (see #1). I bought one from Savage to use as a hunting rig, but it jams and wouldn't shoot for me (even after fiddling forever with the gas adjustment). They're also not very light.

I thought the rifle would be a good choice for my sons as they are adjustable, but it just didn't work out in the end.

That said - I've got an AR-10 in 6.5CM I'd sell you!:ROFLMAO:
Lol. I have several CAs and absolutely love them. Between myself, family and friends, we probably have 16 of their rifles. All are .5-.75 moa rifles with factory ammo. I have had to use their customer service one time with a ridgeline fft and it was awesome. Have you owned one, or just repeating info you heard on the internet?

Lol. I have several CAs and absolutely love them. Between myself, family and friends, we probably have 16 of their rifles. All are .5-.75 moa rifles with factory ammo. I have had to use their customer service one time with a ridgeline fft and it was awesome. Have you owned one, or just repeating info you heard on the internet?
I have not owned one, but I am making an (obvious) observation based on reports here on the forum (and every other forum/reddit/social media group), and also based on discussions with my gunsmith who deals with rifle issues for a living. In his words, he sees more CA than any other brand.

They are nice rifles when dialed in, but your chance of having to send those in is much higher. I have had issues with factory Savage, Bergara and Fierce. Fierce is another brand that is probably as bad as CA in terms of quality control, but they just don't sell as many as CA in terms of volume...

No need to get defensive, just facts. CA quality control is probably the worst in the industry, but they'll get it fixed for you. This is fine for bolt actions, but IMO I wouldn't want to roll the dice on an AR-10.

Lee_R

Lil-Rokslider
I've got the CA-10 DMR, had it about 7 yrs. Not exactly what I'd call "light", but it's a shooter. Sub moa all day with just about anything I've put in it. No failures at all. Feel free to pm me with questions.

OP
PredatorSlayer
I have not owned one, but I am making an (obvious) observation based on reports here on the forum (and every other forum/reddit/social media group), and also based on discussions with my gunsmith who deals with rifle issues for a living. In his words, he sees more CA than any other brand.

They are nice rifles when dialed in, but your chance of having to send those in is much higher. I have had issues with factory Savage, Bergara and Fierce. Fierce is another brand that is probably as bad as CA in terms of quality control, but they just don't sell as many as CA in terms of volume...

No need to get defensive, just facts. CA quality control is probably the worst in the industry, but they'll get it fixed for you. This is fine for bolt actions, but IMO I wouldn't want to roll the dice on an AR-10.
So lets talk facts - several years ago they had QC issues. They made the business decision to bring their barrel manufacturing in house maybe 7ish yrs ago and most the QC issues went away. Like I said, we own a bunch, not really looking for somebody’s opinion who has never owned one. All of ours purchased in the last few years have been awesome. All bolt guns though…thus my inquiry about their AR10’s. They are expensive, but also only 7.2lbs. So I’ll pay the money if they are as good as their bolt guns.

Here is my ba tactical in 6.5 PRC with factory ammo…lots of customs that won’t do this consistently:

11BABD6E-CE5C-4F9B-B58D-B7478B2CDA81.jpeg

OP
PredatorSlayer
I've got the CA-10 DMR, had it about 7 yrs. Not exactly what I'd call "light", but it's a shooter. Sub moa all day with just about anything I've put in it. No failures at all. Feel free to pm me with questions.
PM sent.

Reburn

Mayhem Contributor
I dont own one and won't own one.
I looked at them at DSC and asked, "armalite or dpms"

They lost me when their answer was proprietary.

. CA quality control is probably the worst in the industry, but they'll get it fixed for you.
Did you ask your gunsmith why those folks weren't using CAs warranty? I can't imaging turning a rifle under warranty over to a gunsmith to correct manufacturing defects. Based on a substantial amount of personal experience and observations from watching social media, Ruger has the worst QC in the industry.

I didn't ask, but I assume for the same reason I was in there - struggling with accuracy issues and making sure that it wasn't a scope or user error.

Just like Fierce, they're nice rifles when they shoot, but their QC is lacking. Fierce's customer service ALSO sucks, so that's a double whammy. At least CA seems to take care of things.

No need for anyone to feel personally attacked - I just got forever scared off of AR-10s. Digging deeper into things it reveals that the platform is just a cluster....

I'd either want to build one myself or go with a manufacturer that has a proven QC track record. Just my 2¢...

OP
PredatorSlayer
I didn't ask, but I assume for the same reason I was in there - struggling with accuracy issues and making sure that it wasn't a scope or user error.

Just like Fierce, they're nice rifles when they shoot, but their QC is lacking. Fierce's customer service ALSO sucks, so that's a double whammy. At least CA seems to take care of things.

No need for anyone to feel personally attacked - I just got forever scared off of AR-10s. Digging deeper into things it reveals that the platform is just a cluster....

I'd either want to build one myself or go with a manufacturer that has a proven QC track record. Just my 2¢...
I love the idea of the ruger SFAR - been reading a bunch of reviews on them. Seems like many are having a problem with Jamming, maybe issues with the gas block and settings? At 6.8lbs, tough to beat. No accuracy guarantee though.

sako75

FNG
So lets talk facts - several years ago they had QC issues. They made the business decision to bring their barrel manufacturing in house maybe 7ish yrs ago and most the QC issues went away. Like I said, we own a bunch, not really looking for somebody’s opinion who has never owned one. All of ours purchased in the last few years have been awesome. All bolt guns though…thus my inquiry about their AR10’s. They are expensive, but also only 7.2lbs. So I’ll pay the money if they are as good as their bolt guns.

Here is my ba tactical in 6.5 PRC with factory ammo…lots of customs that won’t do this consistently:

View attachment 522265
I really don’t understand why guys post pictures like this and many do the group is nowhere close to point of aim. Then they say they can group like this constantly. When I see targets like this it makes a guy think he got a lucky 3 shot group. A target like this means nothing to me. Sorry for the rant continue

OP
PredatorSlayer
I really don’t understand why guys post pictures like this and many do the group is nowhere close to point of aim. Then they say they can group like this constantly. When I see targets like this it makes a guy think he got a lucky 3 shot group. A target like this means nothing to me. Sorry for the rant continue
Lol - sometimes we play with different ammo that has different POIs. Why would you zero for every ammo when you are going through that process? I have a lot more targets. PM me and I’ll send you a bunch :)

sako75

FNG
Lol - sometimes we play with different ammo that has different POIs. Why would you zero for every ammo when you are going through that process? I have a lot more targets. PM me and I’ll send you a
Lol - sometimes we play with different ammo that has different POIs. Why would you zero for every ammo when you are going through that process? I have a lot more targets. PM me and I’ll send you a bunch :)
All I’m saying is if your going to say how accurate your gun is put up a target with holes in the bullseye. If not I’m going to assume it’s a random group that the bullets just decided to land close to each.