Mebe007

Lil-Rokslider
Ok guys so I want a chest style holster for my 1911 10mm

I've looked at the el paso tanker
The. Diamond d guides choice
Gunfighters kenai
Garrett industries silent thunder outdoorsman
And the vendandi bino pack

I think I have rolled out the venandi because it must be used with binos.

The guides choice athletically wins but cost is high.

I have a garret industries silent thunder I like. It's nice to have leather lining the kydex for gun wear but I have not used their chest rig.

So what do you guys think here? Must wear will with a pack and occasional bino usage. After 2 weeks of research my brain is fried and I'm no further along in my decision than just pick either the kenai or the silent thunder outdoorsman

Choupique

WKR
I have the guides choice holster. I like it, no complaints. Works fine with a binocular harness and backpack. Seems to be very high quality.

OP
M

Mebe007

Lil-Rokslider
I have the guides choice holster. I like it, no complaints. Works fine with a binocular harness and backpack. Seems to be very high quality.
1911s and leather are like a sexy woman in lingere. And my original want is the guides choice, hell ive had it in my shopping cart 3 times already. However the price tag pushes me away.

Kenai Chest Holster for a 1911 Government W/O Rail, Right Hand, Mas Grey-Coyote, Open End is a good option to go.​

GT1

FNG
I use gunfighters inc, nice wide straps low profile, with a pack on its comfortable

Choupique

WKR
1911s and leather are like a sexy woman in lingere. And my original want is the guides choice, hell ive had it in my shopping cart 3 times already. However the price tag pushes me away.

I can't tell you it was worth the cost, at least for me. It's definitely high quality but in hindsight, I'd rather have the cash back to add to my binocular budget or something. I've transitioned to carrying a lightweight 9mm in the backcountry rather than a big honkin 45 with heavy loads, so the chest holster gets very little use.

LaHunter

WKR
I carry a full size 1911 with my fhf bino harness using the Razco panel under the bino pouch, but I do not use the Razco holster. I have been using a Blackhawk Serpa holster attached to the Razco panel for several years, but have a Safariland ALS holster on order, which I feel will be a better holster & retention system. With the fhf bino harness, I don't feel like my 1911 is too heavy.

Nosferatu

Lil-Rokslider
I use one of these with my G29:

You may want to check out Hosking Holsters out of Idaho. Great holsters and good people to deal with.