Cheap medical training

tony

WKR
University of Utah’s medical school offers a program called wild med U.
6 different programs, all very reasonable priced, ones free I believe. The recent talk of back woods med kits made me remember this program. Even if you don’t want to take a class, which I recommend you do. The books are free to download.
Guys spend thousands on firearms and trips. Drop a few bucks on something that can save you or your pals life.

TaperPin

WKR
Thanks for the link - those books are really well done and it’s super fast to download the pdf’s.

yeti12

Lil-Rokslider
University of Utah’s medical school offers a program called wild med U.
6 different programs, all very reasonable priced, ones free I believe. The recent talk of back woods med kits made me remember this program. Even if you don’t want to take a class, which I recommend you do. The books are free to download.
Guys spend thousands on firearms and trips. Drop a few bucks on something that can save you or your pals life.

Thanks sir. I've been wanting to do something like this.

180ls1

WKR
Have you enrolled/completed any of these? Any thoughts or reviews?

180ls1

WKR
Also, if anyone has suggestions on which one to start with and then what order to progress that would be appreciated!

OP
T

tony

WKR
Have you enrolled/completed any of these? Any thoughts or reviews?
I have not yet. It’s in my long list of things to do.
I’d say the wilderness first aid and or the wilderness 1st responder would be a good starting point.
I still work on part time as a paramedic in rural Ohio and West Virginia. I think these courses would be a great supplement to any EMS provider as well.

180ls1

WKR
I have not yet. It’s in my long list of things to do.
I’d say the wilderness first aid and or the wilderness 1st responder would be a good starting point.
I still work on part time as a paramedic in rural Ohio and West Virginia. I think these courses would be a great supplement to any EMS provider as well.

Thanks. I'll do my best to keep updated if I proceed.

I'm a small business owner with a 3-day old baby girl in my lap, so I feel you on the time thing lol.

Jmort1754

WKR
I am all for peple doing these courses the more you can further your knowledge the better.

I caution though that its much like Iron Mike said "everyone has a plan until they get punched in the mouth"

Having been in the proverbial shit for years, the best thing you can do is to educate yourself on the quickest easiest way to prevent further harm, quickest easiest way to get proper help, and then get yourself proven supplies.

jonpall

Lil-Rokslider
Rich Ingebretsen is a great guy. I was supposed to do a wilderness medicine course with him in 2020 but it got cancelled due to covid so it just went to online which wasn't as useful. But I've been in other courses with him that aren't related to this and he's been great. And he's been doing stuff like this for a while. I'll have to check these out.