Central Mtns, Nebo - Utah Dedicated Hunter Tag

Drew a Dedicated Hunter Tag for the Central Mtn, Nebo unit for this upcoming year. Haven't set foot in this unit yet, but going to scout this week and next. Looking for any recs on areas to go check out or any general tips for the Unit. I have experience in the Kamas and South Slope units and would be happy to exchange spots that proved successful for me last year.

Thanks in advanced.

iv seen a lot of good bucks on the northern side of the Mountain by nephi and fountain green. Gets a lot of road hunters but not a lot of people park the wheelers and walk. Don’t be afraid to hunt low country too there is bucks from the high tops down to the fields in the valley. Good ones too! Here’s a decent buck I seen out there a few weeks ago.

Attachments

• BB3D9FD2-14F8-4E16-8BA6-C5AA51E848D1.jpeg
    BB3D9FD2-14F8-4E16-8BA6-C5AA51E848D1.jpeg
    215.2 KB · Views: 69
OP
T
iv seen a lot of good bucks on the northern side of the Mountain by nephi and fountain green. Gets a lot of road hunters but not a lot of people park the wheelers and walk. Don’t be afraid to hunt low country too there is bucks from the high tops down to the fields in the valley. Good ones too! Here’s a decent buck I seen out there a few weeks ago.
Thanks for the tip! I drove the Mt. Nebo Scenic hwy yesterday and stopped and glassed throughout the way. Going to check out the range south of hwy132 tomorrow. That's a dandy of a buck. Thanks for sharing!

BigTex87

FNG
I have a buddy that hunts that unit. He says deer numbers are down. The population objective is 22,600 and the current population is at 14,600. He says he still sees some decent bucks for general season Utah, but not in the same numbers as other units. I think you have to get to know the unit really well and live close by.

Sorry I'm not much help. As has been mentioned there was a big burn in that unit last year. There might be some deer hitting up that portion of the unit?

OP
T
I have a buddy that hunts that unit. He says deer numbers are down. The population objective is 22,600 and the current population is at 14,600. He says he still sees some decent bucks for general season Utah, but not in the same numbers as other units. I think you have to get to know the unit really well and live close by.

Sorry I'm not much help. As has been mentioned there was a big burn in that unit last year. There might be some deer hitting up that portion of the unit?
Thanks for the insight. Im about an 1.5 hrs away and have been spending a lot of time driving down there. Been seeing a lot of does and fawns/yearlings. Hopefully those numbers are on the rebound!