Central Mountain Nebo Archery Elk

otcWill

FNG
Wondering if anyone would be willing to share any info on this unit/hunt. I just found out I drew and would love to hear any opinions or info you're willing to share. I'd be glad to return the favor if there's anything I can help folks with in terms of hunting intel. I know this is a difficult unit. That appeals to me. Any thoughts or discussion is greatly appreciated.

Scoot

WKR
FYI- the OP is a good dude and not someone who just shows up and begs for intel. He's very informed about a number of species and areas and is super great about sharing. So... if anyone can help a fellow hunter out, this is a good dude to do so with!

OP
O

otcWill

FNG
Thanks for the kind words, Scott.

Hoping to do this tag right though I've got a sheep tag same dates. Thanks to those who have reached out with intel. The hunt is sounding better with every new thing I read/hear. I drew the single NR tag. There are 12 total bull tags. If anyone has any input whatsoever I'll take. Thanks

dave300

FNG
Tagging along on this thread and asking for any assistance. Our back round is similar to otcWill in that my dearest friend whom has this Central Nebo ML tag is an now retired Big Game Guide here in Nevada and very astute hunter especially Elk. Likewise, I have spent a considerable amount of time and monies preparing his Remington Ultimate ML making it the best I can for this hunt and he has done his share of practicing with it.
It would be very much appreciated if we could gain any intel on the area and otcWill recent experience.
If it matters, I have witnessed this man help a youth hunter with his grandpa harvest a deer during a hunt I was the tag holder on, help pack countless Elk down off some pretty rugged NV country and he just recently traveled 6 hours one way to assist us on my girlfriends archery Bull hunt in his hometown of Ely NV.
PM’s are fine as well. Thank you in advance.

Wondering if anyone would be willing to share any info on this unit/hunt. I just found out I drew and would love to hear any opinions or info you're willing to share. I'd be glad to return the favor if there's anything I can help folks with in terms of hunting intel. I know this is a difficult unit. That appeals to me. Any thoughts or discussion is greatly appreciated.
How did the hunt go Will?

OP
O

otcWill

FNG
Was spectacular. I was limited to a week of hunting because I drew a CO archery ram tag for dang near the same dates and had to dedicate all my time both scouting and hunting to that. I passed multiple bulls in the 320s waiting on a giant and had my opportunity. Shot a 350ish bull in the shoulder and lost him. Had a helluva time and left it all on the field. Oh, and I killed a sheep with my bow :).

Attachments

• CO ram.JPG
    CO ram.JPG
    283.5 KB · Views: 28

WBrim

WKR
I would love to hunt big bulls on the Nebo. Sounds like a great season between this hunt and the ram.