Cell phone booster???

Wolverine

Lil-Rokslider
Anybody have any luck with a cell phone booster for their house? I use to have no problems making calls from my house but now Verizon has decided to drop every call I make. A 5 minute phone call now needs 3 calls to get it done from Verizon screwing up my signal. I can make calls and text so I have some service to boost but just need some true success stories before spending money on a booster. For the record, it's everyone's device at my house and not just my devices. Verizon will take no responsibility (of course) they just blame it on EVERYONE'S device that stops by my place when nobody had problems 3 months ago or before. All calls now have to be tried outside as there is no chance of talking inside which was never a problem before. Thanks for any responses.

My buddy just bought one for his new house and it was just shy of $1k. I told him he’s nuts for spending that much, but I don’t have two teenage girls in the house complaining about not having good cell service so I don’t blame him.

He went from barely one bar, to five bars in the entire house. Won’t stream video to more than two things though.

WeBoost/Wilson makes good units that work well. Dependent on size of house you might be looking at around $500 or so. Having said that it won't boost no signal, so check that first. They do not have one out for 5G yet.

Justenfl

FNG
Can you switch your phone to wifi calling? I don't have any service in my station at work but we have wifi so I turn my wifi calling on and can make calls and send text. Maybe an option for you.

Welcome to 5G...higher frequency, less propagation...way cheaper to bump up your home internet capacity and run off your wifi.

OP
W

Wolverine

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks for the responses.....1K is a little much for me. Would consider $500 if it works. I do have a signal to boost its just weak. Also not worried about a signal throughout the house, I'll sit next to the damn thing if I have to. Just frustrating to have a signal for 4 years then Verizon cut the signal by half or more.

Just get the $100 WiFi calling box from Verizon.
Paired with your router, you can make and receive calls as well as texts with zero regular cell phone service.

OP
W

Wolverine

Lil-Rokslider
I have no WiFi at my house. I am sporting antenna tv and just use the phone or tablet for some light web surfing or buying once in a while. I just like the ability to actually be old school and talk on the phone when i want too without droping every call numerous times.

SWOHTR

WKR
Yes we have one through Verizon for the same problem you have, and yes it works. Full service at the house where it’s ordinarily no service.

Thanks for the info on the 5G. My folks out in central KS had the same thing happen. All of a sudden about 3 months back they have to stand by one window in the house to make a call. It is frustrating as all getout. They do wifi calling, but internet out there can be spotty too. I’ll mention the booster to them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SWOHTR

WKR
Didn’t know about 5G. I thought it had something to do with living 3 miles away from Tijuana. Good to know, thanks!