Ceasar Lake Outfitters - Anyone?

Anyone on the forum have any recent experience with Ceasar Lake Outfitters in Yukon? Looking to sign up for a Moose/Caribou/Grizzly Archery combo hunt with them in 2025.

Dustin has been very responsive over email but their contract language has caused me some hesitation. They are definitely towards the top of the pricing point ($35k for combo +$15k Harvest for 2nd/3rd animals) and I want to ensure I'm not going to be surprised or disappointed with something this expensive.

They said everything is included but the contract states that "meat flights" aren't included. They also state that if you pass on a legal animal or completely miss you pay the harvest fee for it. Maybe this is standard practice for the area but it has made me a bit nervous. Anyone have recent experience with them and wiling to share? Thanks!

GotDraw?

WKR
I hunted with them Moose/archery in 2017, passed a small moose 1st hour of Day #1, 2x double lunged a 62" on Day #3 (see my crappy avatar photo. Planning to go this year as well. My buddy has been out with them 4 or 5 times with great success for Moose and Mtn Caribou. All experiences so far-top notch.

There is a steep learning curve for Yukon logistics, PM me and we can set a call.

JL

GotDraw?

WKR
I’d say no thank you to those harvest fee conditions.
It's not for everyone, but If you can afford it, it'll be the trip of a lifetime and you'll get what you paid for. When they say nearly 100% kill or shot opportunity, they mean it.

When I went in 2017, there were several repeat clients there at the same time, all successful. My buddy has hunted 5 or 6 times with them with fantastic success and we are both going again this year.

JL

Steve O

WKR
Classified Approved
Dustin Roe just bought that place. Can’t go by what the owners did in 2017. He is a great outfitter and human. I’d go with confidence.

GotDraw?

WKR
Dustin Roe just bought that place. Can’t go by what the owners did in 2017. He is a great outfitter and human. I’d go with confidence.

Disagree- in part.
Yes it sold, we've been in touch with the new "Franchise Owner/Outfitter".

My point is that their franchise holds plenty of big moose and the guides we've used for years are intimately familiar with the area we'll hunt. We should have the same guides we've used for years. Hunt success is about the guides. Business success is about the Outfitter.

Should be a great hunt.

JL

NorthCountryAB

Lil-Rokslider
Disagree- in part.
Yes it sold, we've been in touch with the new "Franchise Owner/Outfitter".

My point is that their franchise holds plenty of big moose and the guides we've used for years are intimately familiar with the area we'll hunt. We should have the same guides we've used for years. Hunt success is about the guides. Business success is about the Outfitter.

Should be a great hunt.

JL
Dont be sold on guides sticking around with a new outfitter. It doesnt always work that way.

There is plenty of premium outfits selling those hunts.
Try Ravens Throat, YBGO, Yukon Stone or Canol

buzzy

WKR
I have never heard of anyone being charged a kill fee if they miss an animal or choose to pass on one. That would make me look at other options.

Fishn4eyes

Lil-Rokslider
I hunted with Dustin in BC last year and will be in hunting sheep with him in his new Ceaser Lake area this year.

I have done many hunts with Dustin over the past 5-6 years and trust him without reservation.

If you have any concerns with the contract language I'd ask Dustin about it directly and I'm sure he can ease your mind.

MDM23

FNG
I’ve hunted with Dustin twice in his BC area and will be going to Caesar in ‘24 with him. You can’t go wrong with him, first class operation all the way around. If you have questions just ask him.

medvedyt

Lil-Rokslider
new area for a new outfitter i will try to find local outfitters living in the yukon year round like the wilkisons did for decades.

I don't care how great of a person Dustin is. I would NEVER sign a contract that requires me to pay a $15,000 trophy fee because I passed on legal animal.

There are way too many places to hunt that do not have that requirement.

medvedyt

Lil-Rokslider
I don't care how great of a person Dustin is. I would NEVER sign a contract that requires me to pay a $15,000 trophy fee because I passed on legal animal.

There are way too many places to hunt that do not have that requirement.
never heard of it during the wilkinson time i doubt Terry or Joel will done that but i do agree it s a little out of line but are they paying back the same amount if you do not see a trophy or legal animal during your hunt?
the reason im asking that simple question is that there is more hunting pressure by residents than in the past and seeing caribou legal animal might be tricky ...