Cattle while sitting water (archery antelope)

Just curious to see how everyone handles cattle coming in to water that you are sitting while antelope hunting? Do you let them drink then move them out of the area? Let them do their thing as long as they’d like? Take a break from the blind for a while and come back later? Other strategies/thoughts?

I had this happen a couple times last week at different spots. In both cases I sat and watched them drink for a while, realized they weren’t leaving anytime soon (or saw more cattle heading my way), and took the opportunity to get out of the blind and go look for a spot and stalk opportunity. When I came back a few hours later cattle were still hanging around so I moved them out of my vicinity for my evening sit. What do y’all do?

HiMtnHntr

WKR
Not much you can do. Try to protect your blind from the cows, they will often destroy it. Honestly, I look for water without cows around, but that can be hard to find. Antelope will avoid visiting water with heavy cow use if they have other options.

OP
D
Not much you can do. Try to protect your blind from the cows, they will often destroy it. Honestly, I look for water without cows around, but that can be hard to find. Antelope will avoid visiting water with heavy cow use if they have other options.
Kind of what I was thinking. Thank you. Also answered my follow up question of how antelope typically respond to cows being around. I know people use cow decoys while stalking but figured chances are slim that any antelope would come to a water hole with a bunch of cows hanging around. I’m in an area with plenty of water spots so will just look for the least popular cattle routes.

I would move on to another spot without cows. From my experience cows have screwed many water hole hunts for me.

TSAMP

WKR
Hate to be that guy, but the water is there for the cows most likely, not you or the antelope, assuming tanks. Id be pretty pissed to see you running cattle off their water if I was a rancher/hand.

As a secondary. I've seen antelope come in to tanks that have cattle around them, and even bed amongst cattle. Never while cattle are actively using the water source though.

Danomite

Lil-Rokslider
I don’t think cattle deter antelope from coming to water. I killed a buck two years ago that came to a tank surrounded by 30 heifers.

KJPJ

FNG
I sat on a water hole with 40 head around it every day. The cattle and the pronghorn didn't seem to mind each other. Granted, it was a natural spring fed pond that was big enough to support more animals than a guzzler.

OP
D
Thanks for all the input. I agree with the sentiment of the water tank being put there for the cattle in the first place and the BLM land being leased for the cattle as well, so I’m just an opportunistic visitor and would like to limit my impact. Good perspective.
Also nice to hear that antelope may not be as leery of cows as I thought

HiMtnHntr

WKR
If they are habituated to it and need a drink, they will come in. But they'd just as soon drink out of a tiny mud puddle if they have the option.