Cats messing up my garden

Have a heart trap with a couple of sardines in it. Catch cat, take to the garage, shoot with a 22, drop into a garbage bag an take it to the curb. OR skip the garbage bag and dig a 18" deep hole and throw it in there and put a wooden pallet on top of it so it doesn't get dug up

rtkbowhunter

Lil-Rokslider
****ing outside cats. Been dealing with it for years. Piss all over my tires, wifes tires, use my sons Jeep softtop as a scratching post, paw prints, scratches on the roof and hood of the vehicles, cat shit in the landscaping, fishing in my landscape pond... A few summers back I'm sitting on my deck wondering what the hell that stench is. Pulled up some deck boards to finf four or five rabbit carcasses. WTF is wrong with people letting their cats roam. And feral cats are even more of a problem. The CCL (crazy cat ladies) pushed for TNR (trap neuter release). Now this doesn't reduce the colony size, only maintains it. The feed the damn things which ends up attracting more. Mention a more "permanent" solution and they go ape shit nuts. I have two cats. They stay inside, where they belong.

bobinmi

WKR
Have a heart trap with a couple of sardines in it. Catch cat, take to the garage, shoot with a 22, drop into a garbage bag an take it to the curb. OR skip the garbage bag and dig a 18" deep hole and throw it in there and put a wooden pallet on top of it so it doesn't get dug up
I'll add to that. 22 birdshot done execution style very close to the head eliminates ricochet concerns in the garage. But it's gotta be almost touching. This is from personal experience and I stand behind it. I really hate outdoor cats.

TheGDog

WKR
There's this Gopher repellant you can buy... it's basically like dried coagulated blood mixed predator urine mixed with a strong pepper powder that you won't like inhaling. I'd be surprised if pouring a healthy radius of that around base perimeter of the raised pot, far enough out they can't get close enough for a successful jump up into the container should do it I'd think.

TheGDog

WKR
Mention a more "permanent" solution and they go ape shit nuts.
Whooo Lawdy yes they do! There's this Community Coyote-Sightings group board... and OMG those Granola 'tards always with the "They were here before us" BS, and all sorts of other Granola-like stmts.

Azone

WKR
Live trap and tuna has always worked when shooting them isn’t an option. Then go release in a area with extremely high coyote density or a pellet gun to the back of the head and into a trash bag. Or get a dog that hates cats, we had a mutt we found in an irrigation ditch when I was a kid that would go absolutely bat shit crazy chasing and eating cats.

Oldffemt

WKR
So I have this cat (or cats) using my raised beds as it own liter boxes. The problem is I’ve never seen it, so it must be coming in at night. Im done with digging up copious amount of their crap when prepping the beds in the spring. I spend all weekend planting seeds only to findout that the bastard has payed me a visit and tuned up patches of my freshly seeded garden. I’ve spend a lot of money on lumber, soil, and building deer proof fences so not too keen on the cat situation. I’ve just dealt with it in the years past and ready to take action.

I know I’m not the only one with this issue. Has anyone had any actual success with non-lethal methods for deterring cats from their garden? Lots of methods on the internet but guessing most are not effective. I live in an area where I don’t think it’s a feral cat so before I trap someone’s pet and remove the situation for good, I’d like to hear if there’s other option to try first.

Thanks

So I have this cat (or cats) using my raised beds as it own liter boxes. The problem is I’ve never seen it, so it must be coming in at night. Im done with digging up copious amount of their crap when prepping the beds in the spring. I spend all weekend planting seeds only to find out that the bastard has payed me a visit and tuned up patches of my freshly seeded garden. I’ve spend a lot of money on lumber, soil, and building deer proof fences so not too keen on the cat situation. I’ve just dealt with it in the years past and ready to take action.

I know I’m not the only one with this issue. Has anyone had any actual success with non-lethal methods for deterring cats from their garden? Lots of methods on the internet but guessing most are not effective. I live in an area where I don’t think it’s a feral cat so before I trap someone’s pet and remove the situation for good, I’d like to hear if there’s other option to try first.

Thanks
I reckon cats would make good fertilizer