Carbon fiber vs fiberglass aftermarket stock.

pharmfisher

Lil-Rokslider
I have a left hand Browning x bolt with a wood stock that I am thinking about changing to an aftermarket stock. It seems as though my options are limited given it's a Browning and left handed. I like the looks of the McMillan game warden 2.0, but the fiberglass version is over $700, I don't even want to know what the carbon version would cost. My question is if the fiberglass option would be a good idea? Is weight the main disadvantage? Does anyone have any reviews on this particular stock?

The game warden is a decent stock. McMillan, Manners, Pure Precision, Alterra, etc are all going to cost quite a bit as they are not "mass produced". Weight is the biggest differentiator between fiberglass and carbon with the fiberglass stocks usually coming in from 10-18 oz more than their carbon counterparts, depending on inlets and barrel channels.

OP
P

pharmfisher

Lil-Rokslider
The game warden is a decent stock. McMillan, Manners, Pure Precision, Alterra, etc are all going to cost quite a bit as they are not "mass produced". Weight is the biggest differentiator between fiberglass and carbon with the fiberglass stocks usually coming in from 10-18 oz more than their carbon counterparts, depending on inlets and barrel channels.
Thanks. I guess I'm not too concerned about weight. I have a wood stock on it currently, so I'm guessing it would be close to the same weight.