Caping knife?

I need to get a good caping knife to take along on my hunting trips. I'm not going to pay someone to do it and with the CWD it looks like I will need to cape it where I am hunting. Can you please give some ideas on what caping knife you guys use and like? Thank you!!

bobr1

WKR
Any of the havalon type replaceable blade knives. I use a gerber vital with the extra blade box because it has a disposable slot for used blades.

4rcgoat

WKR
Another vote for havalon here. Another decent,cheap alternative is a Rapala filet knife from Wally world,very light and flexible.

Attachments

• 20220731_160318.jpg
    20220731_160318.jpg
    399.5 KB · Views: 78
I use the Argali Carbon if weight is an issue. It's light enough and slim enough for all my caping needs.

If I'm not counting oz, I use the Gerber replaceable blade knife to cape my animals. If I use a strop, I can remove the cape with just one blade.

Mike Miller built me one....

IMG_6520(1).JPG
IMG_6539.JPG

Shraggs

WKR
Wow that's a nice knife!! Thanks
I take their big skinner and this around my neck. Handy when I need a knife to general use and awesome caping a skull but also initial skin openings, and doing the lower legs.

Of all the super steels I love Elmax is the newest to me. Folks rave. It does hold an edge extraordinary long, difficult to sharpen. So far has proven not chippy as I always worry about super steels in stainless being brittle.