Canada Goose Decoy for Walk In to River Gravel Bar

Any suggestion for Canada Goose decoys on river gravel bars.
Mostly walking in at least a mile from the truck.
Conventional silhouette would not stake well due to the hard gravel/cobble bars where the geese roost.
Thanks.

NB7

WKR
Your best bet there will probably be shells. Lightweight and stackable. can get 2-3 dozen in a bag w/out taking up too much room

KurtR

WKR
Any suggestion for Canada Goose decoys on river gravel bars.
Mostly walking in at least a mile from the truck.
Conventional silhouette would not stake well due to the hard gravel/cobble bars where the geese roost.
Thanks.
The dive bombs with a rubber mallet will go in no problem. We have put them in frozen ground and even in ice when the water has froze. a little tap tap and in they go.

packer58

WKR
When we had to pack our shell decoys very far we put them in a set of the old newspaper delivery boy bags, they had a bag in front and in the back and rode on your shoulders which mad it very comfortable to carry up to a couple dozen. I know this isn't an answer to your question but thought i'd throw out a carry option for shells.

We have been using modified pull type golf club carts for blinds, chairs, turkey decoys, antelope decoys etc
Buy at Goodwill. The fatter tire models' seem best. You can bolt on a crate, 5 gal bucket etc on bottom plate.
Works great

I've never used them in gravel but in frozen ground the divebombs work well if you hammer them in with a piece of 1X4 or a rubber mallet, just be sure to slide silhouette down the stand before hitting it

If you can't get stakes in for whatever reason, I suggest a sled full of shells.

My jet sled is large enough for me to lay in it with some comfort. I wrap it with burlap and use it as a shallow water blind on occasion. The large surface area sucks for going through thick stuff but makes hauling heavier loads fairly easy.

JjamesIII

WKR
I second the dive bomb recommendation. Buuuut, if the gravel bar is truly rock hard, or frozen, any stake system is not going to work. A spud pole will be to heavy to carry to use as a pilot hole. So you’ll be limited to stackable shells unfortunately. Not a bad thing, they’ll work just fine, just a limitation.

OP
AK_Skeeter
Thanks for all the suggestions.
I always drag in 2 stacked jet sleds..one for me to layout in, one for the lab back in the brush.
I ordered some bulk decoy full bodies, with the steel ring base.
I can anchor a few decoys with the steel ring with a rock in flowing water riffles
with most decoys up on dry cobble.
Should work well for where I plan to hunt.
https://bulkdecoyclub.com/products/fullbody-canada-goose-decoys