Camping with a baby - advice?

CMF

WKR
Just do it! We didn't start tent camping again until ours were a little older (3 or 4), but I regret not getting them out there earlier. It was more of me just thinking it would be too difficult, but kids have no expectations and starting them earlier will only make it more normal for them. Ours still love it, but I think we just avoided it for no good reason, other than it was a little more work for us.

All three of mine started camping as newborns. If momma comes be sure to keep her happy. That’s normally the biggest hurdle 😂.

A cooktop for making solid meals, simple stuff for them to play with, and an air mattress was always a good idea.

Seth

WKR
Don’t overthink it. ours have been going since they were tiny; it’s just prt of our lifestyle and we didn’t put it on hold with kids. They are 14 and 12 now and are quite at home in a tent.

Pack and play was a good option, but moved them right into toddler sized Big Agnes bags as they got a little bigger. Zipper up high so unplanned adventures are minimized.