CamoFire

jmez

WKR
Anyone know why they stopped the text alerts? I don't have a smart phone and that is the only thing they are running alerts on now. No way to know what is selling other than check the website which I forget and don't really have time for all day. Disappointing as I used to buy things off of there.

OP
jmez

jmez

WKR
I get the email but it doesn't give you any idea what time stuff is coming up.

WV Hunter

Lil-Rokslider
Half the time what I wanted was sold out by the time I would get the text alerts. I unsubscribed after missing out on a few Sitka deals. I got tired of my phone dinging text alerts in the middle of the night.

2ski

WKR
They sent out an email that basically said that the text alert system was a pain in the rear.. I feel your pain. I have a smart phone but its a Blackberry and they don't have a camofire app for it or a steep and deep app. But pre-orders for the S-IV started today, so as soon as I have an android I'm back in the game.

i had many problems on my android with the texts id get the text and then the id get on the site to check it out, and they would have ended hours before i finally quit with it

Landonm

FNG
Rokslide Sponsor
Hey guys, Landon here from Camofire. I've been a long-time lurker.

jmez, it's been kind of a painful transition, but we finally decided to pull the plug on text messages when we launched the iPhone and Android apps. Those text messages were causing so many headaches we decided it was best to put our efforts into the apps. I realize many people enjoyed getting their Camofire texts at 3:00 a.m. ;) and we apologize for any inconvenience that's caused!

I'm convinced that this new app is the way to go. Smartphones are becoming more and more prevalent and dumbphones are getting harder and harder to come by. If you don't have a smartphone, this might be a good time to get one! We have experienced a few bugs here and there with the apps as can be expected when just launching them, but we've been getting some great feedback from them and we're working on improving them daily.

shaun

WKR
i had many problems on my android with the texts id get the text and then the id get on the site to check it out, and they would have ended hours before i finally quit with it

You and me both. I don't remember the last time I bought something on there though