calorie burning

marshrat

FNG
I have been using myfitnesspal.com to keep track of my calories to ensure that I'm losing weight, but I don't really know how to see how many calories that I'm burning with my exercise. I am doing CF, hiking with weights, running, sprinting, and general weightlifting, but I don't know how to measure the calories that I'm burning to ensure I'm burning more than I'm taking in. Is there something I can do to find out? Hope that isn't a stupid question.

Above Timber

Lil-Rokslider
I would suggest a heart rate monitor that keeps track of the calories as well as your zone heart rate. I have a Polar FT7 that I picked up at Best Buy for around $100.00. If not there are many websites that will allow you to put in your exercise and it will give you a rough idea as to how many calories you are burning.

Curtis C

WKR
Are you using the phone app?

I haven't used myfitnesspal in a while but I thought it would track calories of a workout when you add an exercise. Seems it had a good calorie measure of workouts similar to how it does food. Example 45min of 4mph walking equal 575 calories. Not sure about weight lifting.

C

OP
M

marshrat

FNG
I am using it online, not via Iphone or anything like that. It does have an app for common exercises and all of that, but the problem is that I'm doing Cross Fit, and those workouts don't translate at all. I could be doing sprints, deadlifts and pullups in one workout. It isn't often a set amount of workout time either. One workout will take me nine minutes or less while another could take me 45 min because I struggle with the intensity of it all. I wasn't sure if the heart rate monitor would work. I know some of them are set up just for the average person. My heart rate skyrockets with exercise because I'm a bigger (fatter) dude. I will be going to Academy in the next few days, and I will have to check out what they have available.

Cluver

FNG
I am regular in running for burning calories but never try swimming, some of friend are regular in swimming.
Thy also suggest me to join them for swimming but I think that running is more effective than running for the fitness.
I have not much information about swimming, Please guide me which is better swimming or running to burn calories..