Called one in on Halloween

lowpressure

Lil-Rokslider
Two days after I got my bull I was out helping my brother in law try and find one. Once again we were back in the same two drainages 3 miles off any road in piece of national forest in Colorado. From before daylight until about 3 pm we stayed together glassing. We then decided that I would go hit a couple other spots. I went to a spot less than 100 yards from where I first spotted my bull two days prior and hit a couple cow calls. To my amazement I had a bull make a weak bugle just down the drainage in a piece of dark timber. We set up where anything that wanted to see us would have to get up on a small rise 200 yards in front of us. I started calling again and the bull just barked and chuckled once and then shut up. I called 4 of 5 more times with no answer so we decided to just sit for a few minutes. Ten minutes later he popped up on the rise trying to sneak in and see what was going on. One well placed heart/lung shot later and the bull only went 30 yards. I was more proud of getting him a bull called in than getting my own. What an amazing feeling. Here’s a pic…. His left side was broke off at the top so we think he lost two tines possibly.

Attachments

• 760D2F7A-6A6B-4518-850B-1D1167A09F64.jpeg
    760D2F7A-6A6B-4518-850B-1D1167A09F64.jpeg
    535.9 KB · Views: 98
Last edited:

A.hol1

Lil-Rokslider
Nice work! Calling in and helping sometimes feels more rewarding than when you get to harvest your own.
Way to have a little patience and wait, great plan!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
lowpressure

lowpressure

Lil-Rokslider
Two of the three bulls I had a part in taking this year came in to cow calls post rut/late season. The third I just used it to stand him up out of his bed.

2ski

WKR
I looked it up and it looks like there's no law on Colorado against electronic communication of game location from what I can see. I was going to tell you to be careful about doing that. In Montana it's not legal because of fair-chase ethics.