Cache Valley Utah Elk

Recently moved to Hyrum, UT from Montana because my wife got into vet school at Utah State. I bought an archery hunters choice elk tag and have a lot of questions about the units around cache valley. I have been out scouting in a couple different units that looked good on a map and havent turned up anything so far. I backpacked in to the mountains near Wellsville for a couple nights because it is the closest any bull unit and did not see anything glassing or see any sign of elk whatsoever. Are there any elk in that range at all? I cant seem to find any info online about that unit either. Is it best to make the drive and hunt near ogden or salt lake? I would be willing to trade info on hunting montana if anyone has anything to share about this area.

You can chase spikes on the LE areas to the east of you
Vet school probably doesn't give you enough years to find elk on the wellsvilles.
For any bull hunting driving a ways will be worth it

OP
Treefrog18
You can chase spikes on the LE areas to the east of you
Vet school probably doesn't give you enough years to find elk on the wellsvilles.
For any bull hunting driving a ways will be worth it
Thanks for the reply, I’m thinking that is probably what I will end up doing. I went and glassed in a spike unit last night and found some cows and calves, maybe there is a spike in the group too that I didnt see

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Thanks for the reply, I’m thinking that is probably what I will end up doing. I went and glassed in a spike unit last night and found some cows and calves, maybe there is a spike in the group too that I didnt see
Archery is an either sex tag

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk