Cabelas Pro Series Meat grinder $149

HookUp

WKR
I have been researching this including talking to some folks who process a lot of wild game. This seems to be the best bang for the buck,lifetime guarantee and is a reasonable size. The carnivores series are great but are huge and heavy. Was waiting for this to go on sale. 7Holiday gets you free shipping.

Cabela's Pro Series DC Grinder : Cabela's

xziang

WKR
Make sure you save your receipt and with receipts fading nowadays take digital pic of it for Cabelas lifetime stuff. :)

Tempting..

I bought one a few weeks ago in store for 179, down from 239. I needed one then bc I had meat in my cooler ready to go. I cubed my meat after trimming and loaded it into the hopper with a handful of beef fat. I ran the whole deer (minus backstraps and one shoulder), through the course blade, then mixed and ran it back through the fine blade. I'm not even sure I needed to go through the course blade first. It ate it as fast as I could feed. Would have taken no time if I had someone shoveling handfuls of meat into the hopper for me. I was really impressed. Cleanup was super easy. I use a 220w 5 horse commercial Hobart every year when we kill a dozen or so farm pigs for sausage but it's overkill for one or two deer and a lot to clean. I think I'm really gonna like this one if it gives me a few years of service.

I used the stuffer function last night for about 4lbs of bologna/pepperoni and it worked just fine. Only complaint is some will always be left over in the stuffer tube, unstuffed. I just cooked that part separate and used it to sample from.

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
I used the stuffer function last night for about 4lbs of bologna/pepperoni and it worked just fine. Only complaint is some will always be left over in the stuffer tube, unstuffed. I just cooked that part separate and used it to sample from.
Have you tried ice cubes to run though and push everything out?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Run a couple slices of white bread through it at the end, and it will push out the last of the meat mixture, and kinda clean the grinder too.

Last edited:

cfdjay

WKR
I'm torn on this. Does anyone have a comparison on this one vs the Carnivore commercial model? I would typically grind 3-4 animals per year.

I went with the carnivore after watching some YouTube videos of both in action.I usually do around 3 deer per year with an elk and or antelope occasionally thrown in. For 3 deer I think you could really go either way. If you plan to do more in the future, I feel the carnivore would be better. I have the 3/4 hp and it's really impressive.

rayporter

WKR
this looks like a good deal. but I have burnt up 2 half horse grinders and now own 2 3/4 hp grinders.

you don't need to cube meat to go through a 3/4. just cut it in long strips that barley fit in the hole of a no. 12 and drop them in. it will do the rest as fast as you can drop the strips. I cut strips about as long as possible and 4 inches wide then cut the wide strip down to one inch from the bottom. frequently ending up with a 15 inch strip to drop in.