cabelas instinct euro hd 15x56, vs. others

Tinbanger

FNG
Ok, I'm looking to upgrade my binos. I have vortex viper 15x50hd right now. I do a lot of glassing here in az in the desert. I'm finding I'm losing a lot of light before the guys with the kiababs. So my question is, are the cabelas euro hd 15x56 much better than the kiababs, or would my money be better spent on used swarovski slc? Thanks for the advice.

fire652

WKR
I hunt with a guy in arizona who swears by swaros I asked him when I had a line on some kaibabs and he said they were great glass and told me to get them. I have not been disappointed I looked through his and from what I remember you lose a little in low light and some definition at very long range over say a mile if money is no concern get the swaros otherwise I would wait canelas has kaibabs for around 800 every now and then and you can find used ones as well I never looked thru cabelas euro in that size but did compare the razors in 10x42. I went with vortex in those as well

OP
T

Tinbanger

FNG
Yeah, I'm thinking I'll stick with vortex and go with the kiababs.

Hammond

FNG
I have the Kiababs and love them. They are amazing when you mount them to a tripod. I almost spent the extra money on the Swaros but I am very happy with mine.

You might consider the new zeiss conquest 15x as well (if you are making a change) for that same price range.

_Nick_

WKR
You might consider the new zeiss conquest 15x as well (if you are making a change) for that same price range.

I had both these and the HD Kaibabs. The Zeiss are nice... notably nicer than the Vortex to my eye. Price is much more reasonable than Swaro, too.