CA Whitney bull elk period 2

Cali hunter

Lil-Rokslider
Anybody have any info? My pops drew the 1 random tag they offer for this tule elk bull .3% chance. LUCKY GUY!!

Obviously we have never hunted this do to it’s elusiveness. Has anybody hunted it?

We have the biologist number and will be giving him a call but if anybody has some experience it would be greatly appreciated

Hunt is The first week of October.

Thanks.

Brooks051

Lil-Rokslider
Great tag. Seen them on private all the time. Maybe get permission from some landowners up there. I know a guy who got permission and shot one right on private. Keep us updated on how the hunt goes.

OP
Cali hunter

Cali hunter

Lil-Rokslider
Great tag. Seen them on private all the time. Maybe get permission from some landowners up there. I know a guy who got permission and shot one right on private. Keep us updated on how the hunt goes.
The unit is mostly public. We have found a lot so far.

Brooks051

Lil-Rokslider
Yup that’s where I always see them. Keep us updated. Hope you get one ! That’s a hard tag to come by.

2rocky

WKR
Beautiful bull. In 2010 I played cat and mouse with a herd behind Manzanar. I will always remember seeing the light on the dust in the evening as they trailed across the desert. Welcome to the Tule Club.

buzzy

WKR
Awesome and congrats. What unit were you hunting?

Guess it would be nice if I read the title 🙈

Last edited:

Brooks051

Lil-Rokslider
Amazing bull ! Good hunt! Fun area to be this time of the year ! Congrats

I guess if some other asshole is gonna get my tag it might as well be a WKR that looks like they put it to good use.

Congrats to your old man