Ca. Draw is up.

• Thread starter Deleted member 8-15-23
  • Start date
This joker starts a thread with this title 4 days before the actual results are posted and now we are supposed to believe he drew x5b and a sheep tag?

If he’s not messing with us then karma isn’t real otherwise he’d be hunting d3-5 just for making 2k dudes check their draw results over the weekend.

I have an x3a tag btw but I don’t have time to do the hunt justice. Wyoming LE elk I’ll be home from archery season probably around 10/1 with x3a starting 10/7. Taking that extra time off and away from the kids before heading to 3rd season Colorado is going to make for a ‘divorce conversation’ filled fall

OP
D

Deleted member 8-15-23

To draw the best mulie bow tag in the state and a sheep tag!!! That's scary. But I did it. Amazing.

Last edited by a moderator:
To draw the best mulie bow tag in the state and a sheep tag!!! That's scary. But I deed it. Amazing.
Are you going to hunt both tags and do you go DIY or hire someone? Scouting season got a lot more interesting for you. A buddies dad drew a sheep tag yesterday as well with only a few points so I’ll get at least one sheep
hunt this season!

Marble

WKR
Awesome. I’ve already got 2 buddies that I found out drew it as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
There was some talk about increasing the tags for this area, but I never heard what the final decision was. I'm at 19 points...be awhile if ever if I ever get it.

I have 3 friends gets drawn, I called in bulls for all three. Good luck and happy scouting!!

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk

SouthPaw

WKR
There was some talk about increasing the tags for this area, but I never heard what the final decision was. I'm at 19 points...be awhile if ever if I ever get it.

I have 3 friends gets drawn, I called in bulls for all three. Good luck and happy scouting!!

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk
Any of them use archery or all rifle?

OP
D

Deleted member 8-15-23

This joker starts a thread with this title 4 days before the actual results are posted and now we are supposed to believe he drew x5b and a sheep tag?

If he’s not messing with us then karma isn’t real otherwise he’d be hunting d3-5 just for making 2k dudes check their draw results over the weekend.
My son drew d3/5. Close enough?

OP
D

Deleted member 8-15-23

Went to my local sports bar and bought the house a round last nite. Just woke up, not dreaming, I drew both tags!!!!!!

Well, after 14 points I drew the best bow tag in the state. And add a bonus, after 38 years I drew my Desert sheep tag in the whites. Speechless, humbled. God is good. Freaking yes!!!!!@@!
i really question the "best bow tag in the state" evaluation. 5b is not what it used to be. I know good hunters who drew the archery tag a couple years ago and struggled to find a buck they could shoot. Obviously there are still some monster bucks in that unit.... but it is a damn tough hunt, especially with a bow. bring lots of water. :)

OP
D

Deleted member 8-15-23

i really question the "best bow tag in the state" evaluation. 5b is not what it used to be. I know good hunters who drew the tag archery tag a couple years ago and struggled to find a buck they could shoot. Obviously there are still some monster bucks in that unit.... but it is a damn tough hunt, especially with a bow. bring lots of water. :)
Not concerned. 3/5 last year took bucks over 160. I have the pics. Will be coming off the whites sheep hunt then roll into the mulie bowhunt, should be in good shape by then. Ha.

Marble

WKR
Any of them use archery or all rifle?
All rifle. One of them, maybe two, could have been shot with a bow. That was 10 years ago though. This year seems like we will have a mule train heading back into the Marbles. Prior hunts were at low elevations.