Buy once cry once shotgun for water fowl

ianpadron

WKR
I'm surprised by all the Beretta recommendations, their duck guns feel like a 2x6 in my hands and I'm not a small dude. Lends credence to choosing the gun that chooses you!

SX4 gets the nod for gas gun, Franchi Affinity or Benelli M2 for semis...20 gauge preferred in both.

Bcoonce117

Lil-Rokslider
All my buddies shoot beretta. I’m the cheap ass that keeps using his pump spending money everywhere else

johnsd16

WKR
Anyone shoot a Benelli Cordoba for waterfowl

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Yep, great guns. Loud with the porting but they shoot soft. I bought one when they first came out almost 20yrs ago now on the dealer/employee pricing for $1000. Our shop had a "range day" where the reps for Beretta/Benelli/Franchi/Stoeger, Win/Browning, and Remington brought tons of the shotguns in their lineups (as in >50) that year and as gun counter guys were were supposed to shoot them. Two stood out to me well above the rest and that was a Citori with a piston (Gracoil ?sp) recoil pad on it and the cordoba/supersport. Very little muzzle rise and with the porting and comfortech recoil system it was soft to shoot. I left it in MN with my dad when I moved to ID but miss it now that I am hunting ducks again.

waldo9190

Lil-Rokslider
My A300 has been nothing short of spectacular in the reliability department, but that new A300 Ultima has me considering an upgrade. Necessary? Absolutely not. But this is America, and by golly I'll upgrade my duck gun if I want to! Annnnd if I can sneak it past the wife.

CobraChicken

Lil-Rokslider
Yep the benelli will be the way to go one thing to remember the Remington always goes bang . I have a wing master my dad bought the year I was born in 1979 won a bunch of trap shoots and it has killed a lot of birds. I am buying a new shotgun this Christmas but the old wing master will always have a spot in the safe. I’m going franchi affinity because it feels the best out of all of the guns I shouldered
I really liked the feel of those affinity rifles. Just felt good.

Franchi affinity elite 3.5" is my current waterfowl gun which I am extremely happy with. My previous gun was a Beretta A391 extrema. Great gun, but much bulkier/heavier than the franchi.

MikeDeltaFoxtrot

Lil-Rokslider
I have had an SBE2 for about 12 years. It is not my only shotgun as I prefer Beretta Over/Unders for upland, but my SBE2 has never malfunctioned, ever. It runs the softest dove loads to 3.5" turkey loads without a hiccup. Last year I added an SBE3. I have only hunted with it a couple of times, but so far it is flawless as well.

I really like the Benelli inertial system for reliability and ease of cleaning.

XFrog

FNG
My vote any SBE. I hunted with an 60s' 20" A5 until steelshot came along. Man I wish I could run modern loads with it. Little birds go down with my 50yo 20g wingmaster and water birds with a 13yo SBEII. I have a 3yo A5 in wood that was a Xmas present. Never shot it. Can't bring myself to be the guy that worries about a scratch on his tool. My wife would be pissed if it came back looking like my SBEII. it's a hammer that I haven't been able to break. Works no matter what. I've thought about getting a new one and pick them up at the counter each year. It's like towmater says, those dents are good memories lol.

I have Benelli's and Beretta's as my main waterfowl guns. I just bought a new Beretta A400 Xtreme Plus last month. I have a short LOP and the Beretta allows me to shorten the gun to the correct length by just removing shims. The Benelli SBE 3 I was considering requires a short LOP recoil pad that is impossible to find anywhere. That was the deciding factor for me.

Gen273

WKR
It's been a Benelli for me, but I have been looking hard at the Browning Maxus and the Silver.