Buy American

Vandy321

WKR
Plenty of threads on companies that make/sell American made products. No need to re-hash, but it's been a while since I've seen the topic come up.

Just a friendly reminder, this country needs our support as consumers now, more than ever, even if it means a couple extra bucks compared to stuff made overseas.

🇺🇸🇺🇸

bsnedeker

WKR
Agreed! I plan on replacing all my clothing with American made over time. I'm happy to pay a bit more to support companies that support our country. There are more great options today than ever before. Kifaru, FORLOH, lots of options for socks, sleeping bags/quilts, and shelters.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Team4LongGun

Super Moderator
Staff member
Right on Brother! There can never be too many of these threads to support our great country.
I truly believe there is enough patriotic, hard working Americans that would support more companies that went truly 100% USA made.

eddielasvegas

WKR & Chairman of the Rokslide Welcoming Committee
Classified Approved
I agree and good reminder. The craziness of the past year-ish has renewed my conviction to buy American.

This has been my problem of late with Sitka, Kuiu and other higher end products (read: stupid expensive) that most are made in Asia.

For the prices they charge, you'll never convince me their products can't be made here with just a smaller profit margin.

Eddie

• Banned
OP
V

Vandy321

WKR
I agree and good reminder. The craziness of the past year-ish has renewed my conviction to buy American.

This has been my problem of late with Sitka, Kuiu and other higher end products (read: stupid expensive) that most are made in Asia.

For the prices they charge, you'll never convince me their products can't be made here with just a smaller profit margin.

Eddie

What gets me is when companies say things like 'the technical fabric and craftsmanship needed to produce our "top quality" gear can only be found overseas'

Rob5589

WKR
Agree 100%. But let's be realistic, when it comes to gear the majority of guys here use, a great deal of it is foreign produced.

• Banned
OP
V

Vandy321

WKR
Agree 100%. But let's be realistic, when it comes to gear the majority of guys here use, a great deal of it is foreign produced.
I'm one of those who has owned Sitka and Kuiu. I have made a conscious effort to avoid companies like that in the future. Their profit margin are huge, I can only assume it's well over their pro deal discount and that alone is significant.

Some pieces of gear it's honestly really tough to find made in the USA, but I do try and this winter I went through alot of gear and sold/replaced what I could with home grown products.

Even if I can't go 100% USA made, every little bit helps, especially during this recovery

GKWMontana

Lil-Rokslider
I agree. I own a lot of Sitka and Kuiu gear but we can all try to buy more USA made equipment. I just ordered a Seek Outside tent and stove mainly because its all made here. I am very conscious of where all the products I use are made and if I can buy it made here, I will spend extra to do it.

Rob5589

WKR
Im sure lots of the $1400 Stimulus went to Amazon [China]
Most, more likely. A news segment the wife and I watched after the first stim check reported a 65% increase in small electronic sales at Walmart, Target, and Best Buy. So while the small biz owner was drowning, the major players continued to rake it in.

Rat

FNG
Unfortunately today it's not only important to support American made products, but also to know what crazy things they are supporting with their profits. I have always loved coke, but now I will be satisfied with water. I have chosen not only to look for made in the USA but also try to make sure the companies I support with my hard earned dollars are supportive of the USA.

mtwarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
hunting clothing is the toughest nut to crack for USA made

-packs- lots of good USA choices
-shelters- lots of good USA choices
-rifles- yup
-optics- several w/ good Japanese glass, but still made in USA
-clothing- that's a tough one; there are some outfits that make Berry compliant (made USA) clothing for the military (Patagonia, Arcteryx, others) that are good, but very hard to find

ODB

WKR
hunting clothing is the toughest nut to crack for USA made

-packs- lots of good USA choices
-shelters- lots of good USA choices
-rifles- yup
-optics- several w/ good Japanese glass, but still made in USA
-clothing- that's a tough one; there are some outfits that make Berry compliant (made USA) clothing for the military (Patagonia, Arcteryx, others) that are good, but very hard to find
Arcteryx makes bags for the military? Didn’t they just say they would no longer allow co-branding with weapons manufacturers?

bsnedeker

WKR
True, in my case when I first got into western hunting I was just focused on putting together a set of gear that was somewhat affordable... where it was sourced and manufactured wasn't on my radar. It is now.

I'm not going to throw away my Chinese gear, but as it wears out and needs to be replaced it will all be replaced with gear made in America. I also do everything in my power to avoid giving money to corporations that are anti hunting and anti 2a. It's a choice you have to make. Vote with your dollars.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Plenty of threads on companies that make/sell American made products. No need to re-hash, but it's been a while since I've seen the topic come up.

Just a friendly reminder, this country needs our support as consumers now, more than ever, even if it means a couple extra bucks compared to stuff made overseas.

🇺🇸🇺🇸
The "buy American" is great and I support it as best I can. However, the work force does not want to work with all the free "cheese" out there.

Makes it hard for the American companies to do business. IMHO

Spoonbill

WKR
Arcteryx makes bags for the military? Didn’t they just say they would no longer allow co-branding with weapons manufacturers?
Per Arcteryx it was the customer service rep that got it wrong, and all gun companies need to order through the LEAF division. Arcteryx is now owned by a chinese firm though so a lot of their stuff is made overseas unless you buy the LEAF gear, which is Berry compliant.

Reactions: ODB

CoStick

WKR
The "buy American" is great and I support it as best I can. However, the work force does not want to work with all the free "cheese" out there.

Makes it hard for the American companies to do business. IMHO
The opioid epidemic took out a generation of workers as well.