But we can't hunt bears in the spring...

Michael Pawul

Lil-Rokslider
Multiple human-bear encounters in WA state this year... a lot of the emotional commentary on the WDFW website when the decision was made to cancel Spring Bear this year (and potentially forever) was in regard to "evil hunters satisfying their primal urges by murdering mother bears with cubs." However, the department that they appealed to with their commentary will intentionally euthanize a sow and her 3 cubs because of a negative encounters with a humans.

I know that I am preaching to the choir here, but it seems pretty hypocritical. It seems to be par for the course in this state when it comes to reaping what you sow with voting habits, but it is endlessly frustrating to see people get what they want with their votes, then become unhappy with the results, and then refuse to change the way they think/act/vote.

westernwa

FNG
Does the commission have to consider WDFW recommendation for the hunt again in 2023 if they do recommend it?

zkutz1

FNG
I wish we would have had a spring season in jersey when I still lived there. The fall season is rough because there are so many oaks everywhere that the bears aren’t as fixated on baits as they are on acorns. The acorns are so littered everywhere that the bears just roam and eat where they end up.