Burris FullfieldIV 4-16x50?

craigrh13

FNG
I just took delivery of this scope. Out of the box everything seems nice. Wind/elevation clicks are nice and positive unlike many of my vortexes I have. The illuminated reticle seems very nice too. Glass seems nice and bright playing with it at dusk on the deck. The eye box does get tight at 16x. I’ve had that issue with most of my scopes though. I haven’t mounted it up and shot with it yet. There’s next to NO reviews on this specific scope. Has anyone used one at all? I figure if it’s anything like other Burris Fullfield then it should be fine for the money. Anyone ever shot with one yet??

Motown

WKR
Most guys have steered clear of these scopes because they are now China made. The now discontinued FF2 scopes were made in the Philippines and overall more trusted.

It will likely be fine, even though it is Chinese made. A lot of people get feedback and information prior to the purchase. Interesting path you have taken.

OP
C

craigrh13

FNG
Welp. Never know until you try and it was on sale. I think most people buy WAY more scope than they need. Chances are a China made scope will do everything the average person needs it to do. I can tell right out of the box it’s leaps ahead of the vortex crossfire and diamondback scopes. No idea where those are made.

Doc Holliday

WKR
Classified Approved
I have had 3 Burris scopes. The only possible issue I have ever heard of, is on a couple of specific models some folks ran out of windage trying to get their rifle sighted in. I had this issue with a 3-15x50 Veracity, but after changing the mounting system, I was able to get zeroed. I sold that scope as a package deal with a rifle and regret selling it. The only Burris I have right now is a Droptine 3-9 BDC, but I will be getting another Burris soon. I think Burris are very underrated scopes

gerry35

WKR
I should add that in addition to the scope I mentioned earlier we have 2 FF II's with the Ballistic Plex and they are an underrated set and forget scope. I just got a Signature HD 3-15x44 for my 6.8 Western that will be completed by this summer. Looking forward to trying it out, it sure is a nice scope. A friend has a FF IV 3-12x42 illuminated that has been good so far.

OP
C

craigrh13

FNG
Well. The SWFA 12x42 came in today. I spent some time comparing it against this Burris. I’m gonna return the SWFA. I actually liked the Burris better. Glass seemed just as great. Plus I like the focus, lighted reticle and the ability to adjust magnification that much better. Nothing against the SWFA. I simply don’t see the need for it when put up against the Burris.

Fordguy

WKR
I've used 2 of the ff IV scopes over the last year ( 1 illuminated and 1 not) and they've been great. Hunted with them in rain, snow and temps well below freezing with no issues. They've also been great from the bench- though most of my bench shooting is 200 yards and under. No issues with losing/shifting point of aim, even after a few thousand miles of travel. They've done everything I needed them to and at a very reasonable price. No complaints here.