Bullet question for reduced recoil loads (6.5 CM)

EdP

WKR
I am a fan of Sierra bullets because they shoot so accurately from everything I've tried them in. I like GKs for deer/black bear size game and below, and they have performed very well for me. However., I would not use a target bullet (Matchking) in a hunting application. As others have pointed out, a lighter bullet will have less recoil for the same velocity and you can find bullets lighter than the 130 GK. Sierra makes a bullet for your exact application. It is the 120gr Pro-Hunter. In Sierra's words "It is an excellent all-around bullet for smaller capacity 6.5mm cartridges."

You could consider going with a bolt action 6.5 Grendel for reduced recoil but I like your idea of loading down the 6.5 CM because you can load it up later when your daughters have gotten past their recoil sensitivity.

KenLee

WKR
I am a fan of Sierra bullets because they shoot so accurately from everything I've tried them in. I like GKs for deer/black bear size game and below, and they have performed very well for me. However., I would not use a target bullet (Matchking) in a hunting application. As others have pointed out, a lighter bullet will have less recoil for the same velocity and you can find bullets lighter than the 130 GK. Sierra makes a bullet for your exact application. It is the 120gr Pro-Hunter. In Sierra's words "It is an excellent all-around bullet for smaller capacity 6.5mm cartridges."

You could consider going with a bolt action 6.5 Grendel for reduced recoil but I like your idea of loading down the 6.5 CM because you can load it up later when your daughters have gotten past their recoil sensitivity.
I was also skeptical on hunting with match bullets, but the ELD-M made a quick believer out of me.