Budget bino tri-pod?

MTbiggame

FNG
Curious as to what everyone thinks is the best budget bino tri-pod? I would like to get one but don’t want to spend a fortune on it. Thanks

Matt Cashell

Administrator
Staff member
Be cautious with SLIK CF tripods in cold weather. My hunting group has had three break at the leg hinge in cold weather.

I would look at other options if near or below zero temps are expected.

KneeDeep

FNG
I think there's a step function in tripod quality versus pricing around $100. I wouldn't waste any (more) money below that. I've been very happy with my Vortex Summit SSP for $120 a few years back, and disappointed with everything I tried first costing less. I'm sure there's another step function at higher price ranges but I haven't been fortunate enough to explore that range :).

I think there's a step function in tripod quality versus pricing around $100. I wouldn't waste any (more) money below that. I've been very happy with my Vortex Summit SSP for $120 a few years back, and disappointed with everything I tried first costing less. I'm sure there's another step function at higher price ranges but I haven't been fortunate enough to explore that range :).
thank you for sharing I'll check that one out. I had a vanguard in around that price range where the leg did some funky stuff in arizona. it was functional for the rest of the hunt but i had to get it warrantied.