Bucky areas

Muleys88

FNG
Do you guys typically find hunting in cliffy areas produce big bucks like pictured below?

Attachments

• IMG_1077.jpeg
    IMG_1077.jpeg
    213.6 KB · Views: 174
Bucks will often bed down under trees at the base of a cliff band. I killed a bedded buck once by walking a ridge line and peering down over the edges of the rocky cliffs. That being said I don't put much time into areas like that unless they are near good feeding areas or water that I know the deer are using.

Tmac

WKR
I’ve often found bucks bedded just below cliffs, rim rock, ribbon cliffs, etc. As long as it’s in or near an area with the rest of the stuff they need.

As far as your picture, can’t really tell about any cliffs. But I see some flatish spots near the steep stuff mid elevation, decent cover, and snow melt for water. Sure worth a closer look.

Bucks will often bed down under trees at the base of a cliff band. I killed a bedded buck once by walking a ridge line and peering down over the edges of the rocky cliffs. That being said I don't put much time into areas like that unless they are near good feeding areas or water that I know the deer are using.
Last year an old timer at a gas station told me "how to kill a buck every year" he talked about slipping down a ridge peering over the sides in a zig zag fashion. He even hunched down like he was sneaking and said "just like this"

505Wapiti

WKR
Last year an old timer at a gas station told me "how to kill a buck every year" he talked about slipping down a ridge peering over the sides in a zig zag fashion. He even hunched down like he was sneaking and said "just like this"
He probably killed one every year.

OP
M

Muleys88

FNG
I’ve often found bucks bedded just below cliffs, rim rock, ribbon cliffs, etc. As long as it’s in or near an area with the rest of the stuff they need.

As far as your picture, can’t really tell about any cliffs. But I see some flatish spots near the steep stuff mid elevation, decent cover, and snow melt for water. Sure worth a closer

What season/ time of year are you pursuing them? Looks like it could be decent
End of sept-beginning of Oct

Hnthrdr

WKR
End of sept-beginning of Oct
Honestly a very tough time of the year to hunt bucks rely heavy on your glass. The advantage is if you find a buck good odds he will be hanging around the same area and not just traveling country.